Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Christmas cake?

Options
  • 07-12-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi!
    I know this makes me sound very lazy. My kids want to try a Christmas cake this year, but I don't have the time to go to the trouble of making one, but every bought Christmas cake I've ever tasted has been awful.

Does anybody know where (in Dublin) you can buy a really good Christmas cake?? It doesn't have to be particularly big.

I've found a place called "Mannings Bakery" on the net which looks promising, but without personal recommendations it's hard to be sure.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I usually buy mine every year from the Boston Bakery in Beaumont, it's not too heavy and we love the flavour. Last year for a change I bought it in Marks & Spencer and it wasn't nearly as nice.

I've moved this to the Dublin City forum where you're likely to get far more helpful replies.

Moved from Cakes & Bakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Superquinn have them for 1/2 price, but they're supervalu ones should still be good

Advertisement