Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical and Eyesight tests

Options
  • 07-12-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Just looking at Nautical science course at the NMCI and it says it requires you to do a fitness and eyesight test .. What would these test consist of .. i.e what is the standard required? Because I dont want to focus on that course and find out im not fit enough to do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Already done that didnt really explain anything except for that I have to have it done .. I guess I should ask my GP about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hey Yall wrote: »
    Just looking at Nautical science course at the NMCI and it says it requires you to do a fitness and eyesight test .. What would these test consist of .. i.e what is the standard required? Because I dont want to focus on that course and find out im not fit enough to do it

I would imagine it's very basic. I don't think they'll have you running 2 miles with a backpack full of anchors.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Hey Yall wrote: »
    Already done that didnt really explain anything except for that I have to have it done .. I guess I should ask my GP about this

Just call the NMCI and ask, I doubt it's as stringent as the tests for the navy.

Advertisement