Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police clearance

Options
  • 07-12-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello,

I've lived in quite a few countries in the last few years, each for over 6 months, meaning I would need police clearance certs from each country. I want to go to Canada but obviously wouldn't be able to with the long wait times for the clearance (I've no criminal record BTW).
    Is there a way around this? Do you definitely need police clearance?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Hello,

I've lived in quite a few countries in the last few years, each for over 6 months, meaning I would need police clearance certs from each country. I want to go to Canada but obviously wouldn't be able to with the long wait times for the clearance (I've no criminal record BTW).
    Is there a way around this? Do you definitely need police clearance?
    Thanks.

Yeah you will need clearance from each country

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chronically Bad Farts

Thought as much. Won't be going to Canada next year.
    Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Thought as much. Won't be going to Canada next year.
    Cheers for the reply.

What makes you think that? What countries do you think have a particularly long wait to get the clearance? You're given plenty of time to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bizarre username. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Once ya get through first stage, ya have like 6 months to gather everything! Ya don't need certs for first stage! Whats error 1s state the longest waiting time, apply for them first! I couldn't see how it could take 12 weeks for any country to send out a cert!

Ya sound like ure giving up a bit easy there!

• Advertisement

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Once ya get through first stage, ya have like 6 months to gather everything! Ya don't need certs for first stage! Whats error 1s state the longest waiting time, apply for them first! I couldn't see how it could take 12 weeks for any country to send out a cert!

Ya sound like ure giving up a bit easy there!

That's great news! Didn't know that.
    I heard it takes 3-4 months to get clearance just in Ireland, anyway I should still be able to go.
    Cheers for the reply.

el diablo wrote: »
    Bizarre username. :)

Haha, Bizarre but accurate!

Advertisement