Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV DVR remote access not working

Options
  • 07-12-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

I have bought a Vu-tech CCTV DVR system and I am trying to get it to connect remotely. I am connect to the DVR system and can connect remotely when I set it up using my 'fixed' broadband however I am having issues connecting remotely when I use my 'mobile' broadband.

I am using o2 broadband with Dovato router. This router provides an IP address for DVR system. I set up port forwarding on the router for this DVR system ip address and I am using no-ip.org for resolving the ip address to domain name. I provide these details to the DVR system. All looks ok and I can connect to the DVR system in the network but can't remotely.

As I said, I was able to get this working on fixed broadband, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something for the mobile broadband side of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭missyver

Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before or knows how I could go about resolving it. thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Many dvrs will not display remotely if mobile data signal is only 3G. If its shows 3.5g or H+ can you connect?

Hi KoolKid

Thank you for your response. How can I see what signal the mobile data is using? Can I see it from routers home page?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What device are you using for mobile data?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonyobrien81

Hi missyver

I am not greatly familiar with the Dovado router but would be more than familiar with the Vu-Tec range of CCTV.
    The unit works well on mobile networks but of late there seems to have been a release of SIM cards from the O2 network that dont seem to allow traffic out from the DVR to the external connection.
    I have had plenty of success with the Three network Data SIM in the past.

Some of the things to look out for when configuring the DVR and router:
    1: Using correct Gateway address on DVR
    2: No-Ip settings to be set using the following server IP address 8.23.224.120
    3: Correct No-Ip login details, No-Ip username and password to be input onto the DVR, not the DVR login
    4: The router may need some Keep Alive/Heartbeat settings to maintain a connection to the network. Am unsure on these on the Dovado
    5: You may need to change the HTTP port number on the DVR to something other than 80, eg 8080 or 4430 as the SIM may not allow port 80 to be used
    The app for the DVR is IMSEYE. This is a free APP

If you have any further queries, please let me know.

• Advertisement

Hi Tony

Thanks so much for all your help.

However I am still struggling to get the DVR working on Mobile. I have given up trying to get it to work on O2 network and am now trying it on the 3 network.

I am not seem to open the ports on the router as when I do a port check on the router, it can not see port 80, 8080, 8000 and 8001. It keeps telling me that they aren't open (even though I have configured it correctly on the router).

Just wondering if you have any advice on this? Are these port checkers reliable? I am using canyouseeme.org.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sam Adams

Try port 8080 use a : after the Ip address

Advertisement