Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Captain Poll

• 07-12-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna be going with Rooney for this week

Gameweek 16 Captain Poll 249 votes

Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Benteke
    15% 38 votes
    Giroud
    0% 2 votes
    Hernandez
    0% 0 votes
    Lampard
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard
    1% 4 votes
    Lukaku
    19% 48 votes
    Nasri
    29% 74 votes
    Ozil
    0% 1 vote
    Ramsey
    0% 0 votes
    Rooney
    0% 2 votes
    Suarez
    10% 27 votes
    Yaya Toure
    19% 48 votes
    Other
    1% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

masti123 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be going with Rooney for this week

Feck, still looking at my transfers and line up.

:D

Although possibly Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Suarez, not worth the risk with anyone else. With Gerrard out I think Suarez is on penalties. Spurs haven't been too strong in defence recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Probably aguero for me. Arsenal have a tough game tomorrow then away at napoli wed night and then face city at the etihad in the early game on sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm really struggling to decide..

Nobody can seem to stop Suarez at the moment. Tottenham have been utterly disappointing defensively as of late.

Aguero at home is always a safe bet.. Although Arsenal are strong defensively..

Lukaku at home to Fulham.. Fulham conceded 26 goals this season and managed only two CS

Hazard at home to Palace.. In good form at the moment, although Pulis seems to be doing a great with the back line

EDIT:
    The more I think about it, it's definitely going to be either Suarez or Aguero.
    - Lukaku is inconsistent, and Fulham have a new manager Rene Meulensteen so we don't know if he can turn things around for Fulham, similar to Pulis.
    - I don't feel comfortable captaining Hazard. Midfielders don't always pay off, and Palace are doing extremely well lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tough one. Rooney, Aguero, Suarez all good options and then you have Hazard at home to Palace as a differential.

I have it on Aguero at the minute but I'm sure I will rotate between all three striking options come the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Interesting. With Suarez having been the obvious choice the last two GWs, its meant little movement in the standings. This choice will make a difference, though. I voted Lukaku above but will review after today/midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I too am thinking of going with Lukaku. At home I reckon he could be worth it and hopefully Suarez will be held at bay by Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Tough one. Everton should thrash Fulham at home and Chelsea should win at home also with no strikers so im between Lukaku and Hazzard.. Think it will a toss of a coin Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Fulham under Rene could be a different kettle of fish to Jol, just something to be aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Looking at the fixtures hard to pick a stand out Captain for 0.5 of a second i thought hmmm maybe Coleman clean sheet assist potential then thought naaaaaaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Cheers Prodston , 1 from 3 for me . Just cant make up my mind.
    Lukaku - Everton on fire , never lost to Fulham at home in PL always seems to get 1 at Goodison
    Hazzard. Chelsea should beat Palace regardless if the bus is parked or not. Strikers not doing it , also good for an assit or two
    Suarez, Nearly unplayable in last two home outings, but worried of Liverpools known away day - day offs like Hull City..

Choices Choices....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its between Hazard, Aguero & Suarez with a strong leaning towards Suarez. I'll wait until closer to the deadline before deciding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

have lukaku picked at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

so whats the deal with champions league,has city def qualified and what about arsenal and united if all main players are playing (rooney,augero,ozil) then its has to be suarez otherwise i want to go with rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

so whats the deal with champions league,has city def qualified and what about arsenal and united if all main players are playing (rooney,augero,ozil) then its has to be suarez otherwise i want to go with rooney.

City and United are definitely through. Chelsea are as well. Arsenal just need to lose less than 3-0 to go through.

see how the teams line up and how many minutes played but rooney is def a strong possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Tough choices this week. Suarez is on fire but I think Spurs will do Liverpool(minus Sturridge and you'd guess Gerrard) and they tend to do well enough at home to Pool.

We face Aguero which is always tough but I'd like to think we can give City a good game. Koscielny was immense today and kept Lukaku relatively quiet. Negredo and Aguero should be trickier but we'll see.

Captaincy choice could be crucial this week.

Man United have definitely qualified, the question is whether they qualify from 1st or 2nd place.

City have definitely qualified. Currently 3 points behind Bayern, who are their next opponents. Unless they try and go for a 7-0 win, they will be sending a weakened team. 7-0 is the only way they're getting first place.

Arsenal have not, and will need to fight for their place.

Chelsea need to fight for their place.

Cheers think its augero so unless roo gets 60 mins(wouldnt mind if he had some game time).

Danger781 wrote: »
    Man United have definitely qualified, the question is whether they qualify from 1st or 2nd place.

City have definitely qualified. Currently 3 points behind Bayern, who are their next opponents. Unless they try and go for a 7-0 win, they will be sending a weakened team. 7-0 is the only way they're getting first place.

Arsenal will only lose their place if they lose 3-0. That's highly unlikely.

Chelsea have also qualified. They cannot go out. Unless you mean fight for their place to get first in the seedlings for next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Picking Rooney depends on whether RVP plays. If I think RVP will start on the bench then I'll captain Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Has to be Hazard really doesn't it? He's playing so well and Jose will be desperate to bounce back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This is not correct at all.
    City win 3-0 and they top the group .

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000479/match=2011853/prematch/background/index.html
    Holding a three-point lead over the Premier League side, Bayern would win the group with a draw – and, having beaten City 3-1 in Manchester, could even afford to lose, so long as it was by a single-goal margin or a two-goal defeat of 2-0 or 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fulham under Rene could be a different kettle of fish to Jol, just something to be aware of.

They looked decent yesterday and were really solid,can't see Everton running riot against them.It'll be a low scoring affair.

I currently have it on Hazard as I can't see anything other than a Chelsea win,Jose won't let them have 2 bad weeks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He must have been looking at the goal difference of +13 (Bayern) and +7 (City) to come up with the 7-0 requirement....
    Even at that, it's wrong, a 3-0 win would see them on +10 after the game.

Not that any of that matters. It's decided on head to head Danger.

PARlance wrote: »
    He must have been looking at the goal difference of +13 (Bayern) and +7 (City) to come up with the 7-0 requirement....

It doesn't really matter anyway because Pellegrini has openly said that with Arsenal next weekend he'll use the Bayern game to rotate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemlin wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter anyway because Pellegrini has openly said that with Arsenal next weekend he'll use the Bayern game to rotate.

I just think if you're going to post stuff on here as if it's a fact you should do your research and make sure its correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Suarez for me until he stops making defenders cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ya I know, was just trying to figure out where the 7-0 came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I've put it on Lukaku. May change to Suarez before the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Voted Lukaku, but might go for Ivanovic just to shake things up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku
    Hazard
    Suarez
    Aguero

are my 4 realistic options like many people this week.

Lukaku - Meulensteen factor
    Hazard - Not frequent enough with the points hauls. Too likely to get a 2/3
    Suarez - No Gerrard/No Sturridge
    Aguero - Against a pretty mean (of late at least) Arsenal defence.

Currently leaning towards Lukaku and have voted that way but with no real confidence that this will still be my choice on Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm looking at a differential to try and sneak ahead of my rival this week but a captain Hazard or Lukaku off day would then lead to a very anxious wait until Suarez takes to the field at 4pm on Sunday. It's a really tough call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Think i will follow the FFS poll as i can't really decide, if i had Rooney i would give it to him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I just think if you're going to post stuff on here as if it's a fact you should do your research and make sure its correct.

=> Pellegrini confirms he will field a 2nd string team against Bayern Munich with Hart set to start :cool:

• Advertisement

I totally agree. The user above had a number of items wrong.

PARlance wrote: »

This. Sorry lads.

I shouldn't be answering questions on the verge of falling asleep :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Quite conflicted at the moment, it's certainly not the no-brainer that the last two GWs have been. Spurs at home to Liverpool, Liverpool injury problems, I'm leaning away from Suarez. It's hard to look past Aguero at home to anybody, but I'm not sure about the Arsenal fixture. At the moment Oscar and Lukaku are my most likely candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

With Vertonghen and Chiriches out, Capoue will probably fill in at centre back again. It's one thing keeping Fletcher and Altidore quiet but Suarez is a different story. For that reason, I think I'm going to stick with Suarez as I just can't see Dawson and Capoue being able to stop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It'll take a brave man to look beyond Suarez!

I'm going to wait until he has a bad week before I even think about taking the arm band off him!

• Advertisement

Quite conflicted at the moment, it's certainly not the no-brainer that the last two GWs have been. Spurs at home to Liverpool, Liverpool injury problems, I'm leaning away from Suarez. It's hard to look past Aguero at home to anybody, but I'm not sure about the Arsenal fixture. At the moment Oscar and Lukaku are my most likely candidates.

I'm thinking along the same lines..

Leaning away from Suarez with both Gerrard and Enrique out. He won't find it overly easy to score against Spurs at White Hart Lane either.

As you said, had to look past Aguero. Arsenal have champos league midweek and will need to field a solid team if they definitely want to qualify. Surely their defence will be tired for the City team.

Lukaku looks a good choice, but he can be really inconsistent though. On top of that, based on the Fulham game just gone by, Aston Villa managed only one shot on target against them. Big changes happening since Renee took over. Also, it wouldn't completely shock me to see him rested! He's only 20 and has started every game since GW6..

Chelsea up against Palace. Hazard sounds appealing since their forwards aren't doing the business this year. Midfielders are always hit and miss though when it comes to captaincy. Sometimes it pays off nicely, a lot of the time it doesn't. Hazard looked unplayable against Sunderland though. More of the same against CP if he doesn't play in the CL.

Decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

I'm really struggling to decide..

Nobody can seem to stop Suarez at the moment. Tottenham have been utterly disappointing defensively as of late.

Aguero at home is always a safe bet.. Although Arsenal are strong defensively..

Lukaku at home to Fulham.. Fulham conceded 26 goals this season and managed only two CS

Hazard at home to Palace.. In good form at the moment, although Pulis seems to be doing a great with the back line

EDIT:
    The more I think about it, it's definitely going to be either Suarez or Aguero.
    - Lukaku is inconsistent, and Fulham have a new manager Rene Meulensteen so we don't know if he can turn things around for Fulham, similar to Pulis.
    - I don't feel comfortable captaining Hazard. Midfielders don't always pay off, and Palace are doing extremely well lately.

What about Hull just over a week ago? Gerrard was the only one to score, and Pool lost 3 to 1.

AdMMM wrote: »
    It'll take a brave man to look beyond Suarez!

I'm going to wait until he has a bad week before I even think about taking the arm band off him!

Suarez is the new RVP IMO. If in doubt, just captain him.

Suarez is the new RVP IMO. If in doubt, just captain him.
    No Gerrard, no Henderson, no Sturridge. Liverpool may struggle similar to the Hull game.

I'm shocked at how low Aguero is in the voting, he was my 2nd choice and is probably the one I'm most likely to turn to if I do start to doubt my original choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Rooney is rested and Aston Villa are looking weak in defence i think rooney could score a few goals

masti123 wrote: »
    Rooney is rested and Aston Villa are looking weak in defence i think rooney could score a few goals

I'd likely pick Rooney if I had him. But I don't.

I'm leaning towards Aguero for now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I fancy Suarez against Dawson/Capoue, all the better that other FFers are being tempted to switch to Lukaku etc

Surely it'll be Dawson / Kaboul?

Isn't Capoue a CM?

I don't believe it...

Lukaku is running away with the FFS poll. He's 25% and ten percent ahead of Suarez and 13 ahead of Kun Aguero. Hazard is on 22%.

I don't believe it...

Lukaku is running away with the FFS poll. He's 25% and ten percent ahead of Suarez and 13 ahead of Kun Aguero. Hazard is on 22%.
    I think Hazard is a crazy enough percentage. Lukaku I get. There are massive question marks surrounding the other 2 strikers this week. Lukaku will not score the amount of points those 2 will total this season, but the question marks surrounding him this week are much smaller. It's not going to be a pleasant week hoping for 3 of my players not to do amazingly (assuming rivals choose differently to me)

• Advertisement
Advertisement