Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 Captain Poll

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have Aguero, Suarez and Lukaku and Hazard all with decent shouts at the honour of wearing the captain's armband!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Suarez may actually be a bit of a differential captain choice this weekend! Would be very surprised if he doesn't score, will be hoping for another hat trick and for Liverpool to smash them up like City did.

Lukaku is currently at 4/7 to score anytime while Aguero, Rooney & Suarez are all about even money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really struggling this weekend. I still have it on Aguero, but Rooney and Suarez are tempting me so much.

Paully D wrote: »
    Really struggling this weekend. I still have it on Aguero, but Rooney and Suarez are tempting me so much.

Aguero is up against a defence that has let in 11 goals this season. Barring villas 3-1 win, the defence has only leaked 8 goals.

I'm going to stick it on Suarez. Very tough choice this week, but I can't see any definite picks. Suarez has to stop scoring for fun eventually. Fulham are raising their game which rules out Lukaku. Rooney is probably the best captain (Out of strikers) to go for, but I don't have him.

Out of the mids, Hazard could go mental against Palace, but then again, Palace are going on a resurgence of form too. Ramsey, Yaya, Ozil and Nasri all rule each other out this gw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm still no closer to deciding who to pick.

Might wait until the Gamesweek 16 stats thread is out..

Edit: Just realised that I can't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gonna chance it with Hazard, even though seems silly going against Suarez

Aguero is up against a defence that has let in 11 goals this season. Barring villas 3-1 win, the defence has only leaked 8 goals.

I'm going to stick it on Suarez. Very tough choice this week, but I can't see any definite picks. Suarez has to stop scoring for fun eventually. Fulham are raising their game which rules out Lukaku. Rooney is probably the best captain (Out of strikers) to go for, but I don't have him.

Out of the mids, Hazard could go mental against Palace, but then again, Palace are going on a resurgence of form too. Ramsey, Yaya, Ozil and Nasri all rule each other out this gw.

To be fair though, Spurs had only conceded one goal away from home (six in total all season) before they rocked up to the Ethiad.

With Van Persie's injury Rooney starts to look even more attractive with a nice fixture away to a Villa side who are much better away from home. He's going to be on free kicks, corners and penalties, and there's next to no chance of him being asked to drop wide or deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    To be fair though, Spurs had only conceded one goal away from home (six in total all season) before they rocked up to the Ethiad.

With Van Persie's injury Rooney starts to look even more attractive with a nice fixture away to a Villa side who are much better away from home. He's going to be on free kicks, corners and penalties, and there's next to no chance of him being asked to drop wide or deep.

If I had Rooney, its a no brainer IMO. I don't though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

For the second week in a row I'm not going for Suarez although it bit me in the ass last week and I'm conscious of Man City's trashing of Spurs back in gameweek 12.

Rooney for me this time round. Villa look weak and he's going to be well rested after his suspension. If suarez does the business again this week I'm just going to leave the armband on him and never take it off again, even if he's injured, or retires....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

For the second week in a row I'm not going for Suarez although it bit me in the ass last week and I'm conscious of Man City's trashing of Spurs back in gameweek 12.

Rooney for me this time round. Villa look weak and he's going to be well rested after his suspension. If suarez does the business again this week I'm just going to leave the armband on him and never take it off again, even if he's injured, or retires....

Rooney is pretty much fixture proof anyway but I think you are been a bit harsh on Villa, they have been decent defensifly and have beaten Arsenal, City and Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if i had Rooney it'd be him.

as it is, i'll go Aguero or a left-field choice in Remy.

Suarez is pretty much fixture proof, but there's something nagging me that Liverpool might struggle. maybe it's the Hull game.

what i do know is, captain choice could prove to be a difference maker for people this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Not sure who to pick. I feel like Man City might thrash Arsenal, buuut I can't discount Suarez. I just don't know this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney is pretty much fixture proof anyway but I think you are been a bit harsh on Villa, they have been decent defensifly and have beaten Arsenal, City and Southampton.

Yeah but without vlaar they were a shambles against Fulham on Sunday. With no RVP it's Rooney for me 100pc. Don't tell my wee girl! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Fuck it, I'm going with Remy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FFS:

ffs_zps5111d3d7.jpg

TotalFPL:

totalfpl_zps1a294ddf.jpg

Still not convinced about Lukaku. Think I might just close my eyes and point at the computer screen, it might be as good a way as any to pick.

I'm going with Aguero. Going to the cinema at 11.40 in the morning for three hour Desolation of Smaug so by the time I'm out it'll all be over and I'll know whether its been a success or failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going with Lukaku. Spurs are decent at the back so cant see Suarez getting more than 1 goal. Just think if Everton play well they could score a few v Fulham

I've gone for Rooney, done and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

With no clear outright option, there's scope to take a risk here. I'm going for Ivanovic, because

- guaranteed to start
    - against Crystal Palace at home, so a good chance of a clean sheet
    - a clean sheet will also mean a good chance of bonus points
    - if he gets a goal or assist, as he has occasion to do, it's jackpot!

He was my week 1 captain and helped me top 100 points. Hoping lightning strikes twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Leaning towards Hazard. Not really sure why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Chose Aguero, feeling very nervous about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Still don't have a clue who I'm sticking the armband on.

Don't have a good feeling about this week at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Suarez, Rooney and Aguero all options. I'm going for Aguero simply because Sunday hasn't been kind to me this year and he's at home and he's Aguero :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Going for Suarez, hoping loads go for Aguero and Lukaku and they both have stinkers. Tempted by Rooney also though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The only reason I won't go for Suarez is that i can't believe he is able to save me 3 weeks in a row... or maybe is he? Gone with Rooney now, hoping United will strike again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

If I had Rooney, I'd have picked him.

Made my choice. Gonna go with Suarez bedamned. Majorly conflicted, but I think there'll be a few goals in the Tottenham/Liverpool game, and Suarez is a definite to appear on the score sheet. I think Lukaku is a contender but while consistent, I don't see him going crazy and getting a rake. Suarez's form is too good right now not to back him.

That said, I had Hazard captained until yesterday. (Thought about it. Chelsea will have an easy victory--but Hazard has a habit of scoring 2s.) And I had Aguero until five minutes ago--another one who's a definite for a goal. I think City will win, but it'll be tight.

But then of course I could be entirely wrong, but I've flip-flopped waaaaaaay too much over this choice, so I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go with Suarez. ****er better not let me down. :D

nwchIV0.png

Results of the TotalFPL poll at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Finally decided on Aguero. I'll be watching the game tomorrow from behind the couch now.

#teamsergio

10 minutes ago I was completely set on Suarez. Tottenham unreliable at the back. BUT then I remembered why I swayed away from him originally. Gerrard out, and Henderson a doubt, with Jose Enrique also out. Spells trouble for Suarez.

Then I was thinking Aguero. Arsenal worry me though, they're so strong defensively this season. Only conceded 8 goals in the last 14, that is pretty impressive. They kept Suarez out in GW10, no reason they can't do the same to Aguero. May not be a fair comparison considering Arsenal were at home then.

Now I'm looking at Lukaku, even though I had pretty much ruled him out already. Although, for some reason I get the feeling he won't get the full 90. This worries me. If I felt he'd get the full 90 I'd give him the armband but I can't shake the feeling that he will play < 70 minutes.

With that in mind.. Aguero it is!

I'm joining #teamsergio ;)

Going to go with Hazard I think. Hoping for a 0-0 draw in the City/Arsenal game so staying away from Kun. Suarez is tempting though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was nearly settled on Aguero, but it would leave me with so much riding on that one game: I already have Aguero, Zabaleta, Ramsey, and Ozil (would have a fifth player, but I've benched Koscielny). To have the captain choice also on top of that I'm not too sure. Think I might spread my risk and go with Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am going with Suarez.
    Don't trust aguero against arsenal. City too inconsistant away from home and arsenal defend well.
    Lukaku never really 'explodes' and fulham looked good in their last match post Jol.
    Hazard blows hot and cold.
    And then there is Suarez. In tip top form at the moment. Had a good rest midweek. Spurs defence mot to be trusted.

I think not having Suarez as captain is a risk I am not prepared to take.

I am going with Suarez.
    Don't trust aguero against arsenal. City too inconsistant away from home and arsenal defend well.
    Lukaku never really 'explodes' and fulham looked good in their last match post Jol.
    And then there is Suarez. In tip top form at the moment. Had a good rest midweek. Spurs defence mot to be trusted.

City are home to Arsenal so consistency away from home shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

See my post in match day thread....Remy is getting the armband!......Remy Remy Remy!!!

Just did a last minute change to Lukaku. He's winning the polls everywhere.

Too much to lose if he performs well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

See my post in match day thread....Remy is getting the armband!......Remy Remy Remy!!!

I had Remy in my team with Suarez as captain. Then, last night, transferred Remy out for Lukaku and captained him. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Captain choice has been too handy of late! Hate this tough decision. Going with Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Had Hazard all week but just changed to Lukaku after a dream I had last night!

Just switched from Hazard to Lukaku. It'll probably change about 5 more times in the next hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Sod it. Checked the bookies, pp, and Lukaku has the lowest anytime scorer odds 4\6 versus evens for Suarez and 8\11 for Aguero.

Going for Lukaku! Final final decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I am going with Suarez.

also check out Liverpool s injury list

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

ROONEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

After many cups of Barry's tea and slices of toast this Saturday morning, I've decided on Lukaku to get the captains armband. #Lukaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Doris300 wrote: »
    ROONEY

AUGERO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just did a last minute change to Lukaku. He's winning the polls everywhere.

Too much to lose if he performs well.

Exactly my thinking.

I finally chickened out and did not bring in Hazard. Could not find a satisfying way to do so without major team surgery and points hit. Hopefully I won't regret it...
    AUGERO

No offence mate but is there a pun or anything on Aguero's name or is it just that native english speakers can't spell it correctly :P ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mjp

Suarez augers or hazard as captain. Doing my head in here trying decide between them all. Main rival only has Suarez in his team.

Who to pick????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hazard. Not expecting much though

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Hazard for me was going to change to Lukaku but held fire

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Hazard for me was going to change to Lukaku but held fire

You've still got time!

• Advertisement

Time up