Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of advice re: child present please...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Just wondering what other's opinions are on this...

Was at a child's birthday party earlier today. Arrived with a present (a Barbie).
    The mother said to me, "Child already has that Barbie, please return it and get her a Moxie Girl instead".

I was a bit taken aback..I would never say this to another parent regardless if my child had that toy already.

I bought the toy last month and have no way of getting back to the same toy shop any time soon..so it is incredibly inconvenient, not to mention the fact that the shop may not exchange it, therefore leaving me with a Barbie I don't need and having to get another present on top of that.

Just would like to know what others would have done in my situation. I feel like a mug. I didn't really say anything I was so taken aback and caught on the hop and there were other parents around too...I just wasn't quick enough to think of an answer.
    Incredible. I would say I work a 60 hour week and don't have time. How about you take it give it to charity or I will.

Peace out.

Advertisement