Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deep cleaning when vomiting bug in house

Options
  • 08-12-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hiya,
    first time mum here, we have the vomiting bug in the house, 14 month old has it and I was just wondering do other mams/dads have a particular routine for cleaning the home to get rid of all the germs as quick as possible/ stop reinfection etc? With all the mopping up sick, laundry etc I want to make sure all the bugs are been got rid of and in the easliest manner considering baba just wants to be held 24/7. Any tips greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Dettol everything! The wipes are extremely useful. Dettol the toys as well! Scrub toilets and sinks and best of luck that vomiting bug was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jdsk2006

Dettol surface spray EVERYWHERE

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Loonie

Besides what's been mentioned, I use the surface spray on door handles and light switches as well. And wash your hands every time you touch anything that might be contaminated (even the kid :)) I find adding the handles/switches has reduced the spread significantly this year. Although that might just be luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

As Loonie said, door handles and light switches are the most important things. You'll (hopefully) wash your hands after using the toilet, but how often do you turn on a light and run to wash your hands :) Don't forget the handles on cupboard doors too.

Think of dummies and toys and things too - perhaps steam clean/run them through the dishwasher if you can. Boil anything you can around the changing table, and wipe down everything else - the outside of packs of baby wipes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Catch it bin it kill it!

Use tissues when sneezing and throw them away immediately afterward. Washing your hands is one of the most effective ways to stop germs spreading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Remember that it's a virus so if your baby has it then they will probably develop an immunity to it (well this seasons strain of it anyway) once they recover. So there may not be a need to go to mad on the deep cleaning (unless you are trying to prevent others in the house getting it).

Hope baby feels better soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I heard the doctor on Ireland am yesterday and she said bleach is the only thing. She also said t o remember to use gloves when cleaning

Advertisement