Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log cabin/shed on farm land

Options
  • 08-12-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are planning to buy a small plot of farm land (~1 acre) to keep bees and grow some veg for personal use. Can we put a relatively large (20 square meters) shed / log cabin on the plot to keep bee-related paraphernalia without a planning permission?

The PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 – 2013 , page 290, seems to provide the exception:
    CLASS 9
    Works consisting of the provision of any store, barn, shed, glass-house or other structure, not being of a type specified in class 6, 7 or 8 of this Part of this Schedule, and having a gross floor space not exceeding 300 square metres.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yes I think you can, it has to be a temporary structure and you would not be allowed install a septic tank without PP.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭victor8600

Thanks blue5000! The shed will have a skid or a post foundation, so I suppose this would qualify it as a temporary structure. We have a small portable toilet, but I will ask if the PP for a septic tank can be obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

victor8600 wrote: »
    Thanks blue5000! The shed will have a skid or a post foundation, so I suppose this would qualify it as a temporary structure. We have a small portable toilet, but I will ask if the PP for a septic tank can be obtained.

Dont be so posh there must be a bush close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Portaloo, or dry composter?

When I started National School, the toilet was a little building with a wooden bench with 2 holes carved in it, and a drop underneath. The paper was that "greaseproof" type stuff. You might as well use a handful of razorblades.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Go talk to the planning dept of the area the land is located in. Don't spend any money until you know what you are allowed to erect and (IMHO) don't rely on what random people on the internet tell you.

Please come back and let us know how you get on as it's a pertinent topic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement