Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pace or Thomson box

• 08-12-2013 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

Recently I upgraded my existing UPC contract to Fiber broadband +phone,upon receiving my modem and phone I had problems in setting the modem up,so I contacting the UPC help team and they decided to send out an service engineer to sort the issue out.Good service on UPC behalf engineer arrived the following day.
    When he arrive I also told the engineer that I was having a problem with my old box,this box was about six years old,"to make to long story short" he was told to replace the box by UPC,the replacement box was a black Std Pace box with both a Scart + HDMI connections.
    The following day I received by post another box from UPC this unit was a black Thomson media box with a hard drive.
    Have been in contact with UPC about this,and they have arranged for one of the boxes to be collected,would I be right in thinking that the Thomson box was part of my upgrade package,and would I have to use this box,or do you think I have a choice to which box I can keep.Would just like this forums views first before I contact UPC again about this.
    Was also just wondering which was the better box,picture quality wise,the Pace or the Thomson.
    Also would like to know if I would receive Full HD picture quality via the Pace HDMI connection if I do not have a HD subscription,have this connected via scart at the moment,hopefully will be upgrading my TV shortly,my TV at present has no HDMI connections.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Recently I upgraded my existing UPC contract to Fiber broadband +phone,upon receiving my modem and phone I had problems in setting the modem up,so I contacting the UPC help team and they decided to send out an service engineer to sort the issue out.Good service on UPC behalf engineer arrived the following day.
    When he arrive I also told the engineer that I was having a problem with my old box,this box was about six years old,"to make to long story short" he was told to replace the box by UPC,the replacement box was a black Std Pace box with both a Scart + HDMI connections.
    The following day I received by post another box from UPC this unit was a black Thomson media box with a hard drive.
    Have been in contact with UPC about this,and they have arranged for one of the boxes to be collected,would I be right in thinking that the Thomson box was part of my upgrade package,and would I have to use this box,or do you think I have a choice to which box I can keep.Would just like this forums views first before I contact UPC again about this.
    Was also just wondering which was the better box,picture quality wise,the Pace or the Thomson.
    Also would like to know if I would receive Full HD picture quality via the Pace HDMI connection if I do not have a HD subscription,have this connected via scart at the moment,hopefully will be upgrading my TV shortly,my TV at present has no HDMI connections.

If you are paying for the DVR service, then the Thomson box is the one you need to keep.

As far as HD is concerned, if you do not take up a HD subscription, you will only be able to receive RTÉ Two, TG4, BBC One and BBC Two in HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Thank you for your reply,much appreciated.
    I think that's the way to go.Will give them a ring today.

Advertisement