Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does your iPhone 5s screen click?

• 08-12-2013 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Just discovered that my new 4 day old 5s screen clicks in and out if pressed on the middle left hand side :(

Exactly like in this video.

I'll need to call Apple for a replacement but they can forget about charging me the €29 advanced replacement fee. Such a PITA.

Does Apple support work on a Sunday or is it better to call tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Call now get the box sent out hopefully you will have another new one by Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

fox007 wrote: »
    Call now get the box sent out hopefully you will have another new one by Friday

I'll be going for the advanced replacement and insist they wave the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Someone mentioned them waving the fee if it's less than 14 days old.

guil wrote: »
    Someone mentioned them waving the fee if it's less than 14 days old.

Ah cool. Don't mind paying the €29 if it's months later but I got this one on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Happened to me with two 5's had them both replaced.

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Happened to me with two 5's had them both replaced.

Did you do the advanced replacement?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Did you do the advanced replacement?

First incident was within 14 days of purchase from the online store so they shipped me a brand new one straight away and I sent them back the faulty phone a couple of days after I received the new one. No fee or credit card hold as that's their policy when it's within 14 days.

Second time was a few months later on the replacement device. They needed a credit card to place a hold of the value of the phone & charged €29 for the express replacement. Was worth it considering I was getting a new unscuffed phone unlike the one I was sending back. They sent me the new phone (probably refurbished) in a white box and I sent back my old one a day later.

First incident was within 14 days of purchase from the online store so they shipped me a brand new one straight away and I sent them back the faulty phone a couple of days after I received the new one. No fee or credit card hold as that's their policy when it's within 14 days.

Second time was a few months later on the replacement device. They needed a credit card to place a hold of the value of the phone & charged €29 for the express replacement. Was worth it considering I was getting a new unscuffed phone unlike the one I was sending back. They sent me the new phone (probably refurbished) in a white box and I sent back my old one a day later.

Didn't know about that 14 day policy. Good to know, thanks.

The brand new one that they sent out with in the 14 days, was that in a retail box? If so what did you have to do with the accessories of the faulty phone?

The new one was brand new in the retail box with all accessories so I sent back the old ones with the old phone in the original box. They give you the full
    Instructions on the phone anyway.

Second time it was phone replacement only so no swapping of accessories.

The new one was brand new in the retail box with all accessories so I sent back the old ones with the old phone in the original box. They give you the full
    Instructions on the phone anyway.

Second time it was phone replacement only so no swapping of accessories.

Great thanks.

Forewarned is forearmed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

It happened on my iphone5. Noticed it a few days after buying it. I never got around to replacing it, but eventually it just stopped and its fine now.

avalon68 wrote: »
    It happened on my iphone5. Noticed it a few days after buying it. I never got around to replacing it, but eventually it just stopped and its fine now.

On yours, did it feel like the screen was popping in and out? That's what it seems to be doing on this one.

Contacted Apple support this morning and as Aodhagan said, within 14 days they treat it as a replacement.

I love Apples legendary customer service. What other company would send out to you the replacement first?

On yours, did it feel like the screen was popping in and out? That's what it seems to be doing on this one.

Contacted Apple support this morning and as Aodhagan said, within 14 days they treat it as a replacement.

I love Apples legendary customer service. What other company would send out to you the replacement first?

Good to hear your getting it replaced. It might seem like a small issue for some but I know from experience it's very annoying. Good luck with the new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Yes, definitely popped in and out, just on one side (the left side). It was pretty loud too. Its totally stopped now - I wonder if its glue that holds it in and maybe hadnt set or something? I had intended to replace it, but was just really busy at the time and then I realized it had stopped a while later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have just noticed the identical same issue on my 5 week old 5c, I bought it on the Apple store New York living in Ireland :(

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have just noticed the identical same issue on my 5 week old 5c, I bought it on the Apple store New York living in Ireland :(

I'm almost 99.99999% sure you'll have no issues getting it replaced here. Get in touch with Apple support.

IrishHomer wrote: »

Your warranty is for the USA and not in Europe, unfortunately.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/22632494#22632494

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5190069

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

If it was a 5s we'd look at it but 5c's come under a different category. Has to be brought back to the US.

kensutz wrote: »
    If it was a 5s we'd look at it but 5c's come under a different category. Has to be brought back to the US.

That's weird. :confused:

Advertisement