Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin charges

• 08-12-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Just received my mr bin man renewal , 180 for 6 months , surely there is a cheaper alternative, any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Was only thinking the same myself. But in saying that they provide a good service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I got mine last month
    Rang all the companies and they are all the same within Ennis anyway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

Clean Ireland is 155 for 6 months plus they take compost and glass recycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Clean Ire here also, works out 160 for 6 months for our house, they take everything, and collect glass once a month, as mentioned !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Clean Ire here also, works out 160 for 6 months for our house, they take everything, and collect glass once a month, as mentioned !

Same cost for us with Clean Ireland but the glass collection is every two months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

There isn't much in the difference between them. Mr Binman are getting rid of the bags for bins. The only difference is that Clare Ire will do food waste and glass for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

thks for help - might go with clean irl although am always slow to change providers , no tax relief on these charges either any more which again increases the cost !!! No escaping it I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I find Clean Ireland a bit better to deal with, eg, they'll send you a text to tell you you're payment is due, where Mr Binman never told me and just left a note on the bin after they didn't bother collecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cream_crackers

Akrasia wrote: »
    I find Clean Ireland a bit better to deal with, eg, they'll send you a text to tell you you're payment is due, where Mr Binman never told me and just left a note on the bin after they didn't bother collecting it.

Actually my experience with cleanireland has been that they have not picked up my full bin for about the 5th time (last night ) in the past two years. As I am a one person household, I only put my bin out 4 times a year, so its almost every time. They have never given me any explanation for this and I am now cancelling my service. I'm sick of them. At least you got a note!
    Also rang Mr Binman and they will credit any weight less than 300KG over six months. They quoted €26pm. Bin x 2 @ 70KG = 140 - 300 = 160kg credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lebowsky

Just for anyone who doesn't fill their bins every week. Clean Ireland have a pay as you go system, its €40 annual fee and you can top up whenever you need to. The trick is to only put your bins out when they're full.
    It has saved me a fair bit already. They don't really publicise this but worth checking out if it suits your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Actually my experience with cleanireland has been that they have not picked up my full bin for about the 5th time (last night ) in the past two years. As I am a one person household, I only put my bin out 4 times a year, so its almost every time. They have never given me any explanation for this and I am now cancelling my service. I'm sick of them. At least you got a note!
    Also rang Mr Binman and they will credit any weight less than 300KG over six months. They quoted €26pm. Bin x 2 @ 70KG = 140 - 300 = 160kg credit.

You should ask to see if they will do it per lift so. Businesses usually pay per lift so you might save some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

So last year the bin companies knew there would be no flat charges in July this year,yet they took a full year flat payment in Jan and are not paying a 6 month rebate when they will charge by weight per bin. How can we get our money back?(panda)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

horse7 wrote: »
    So last year the bin companies knew there would be no flat charges in July this year,yet they took a full year flat payment in Jan and are not paying a 6 month rebate when they will charge by weight per bin. How can we get our money back?(panda)

Panda don't operate in Co.Clare to the best of my knowledge?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Deagol wrote: »
    Panda don't operate in Co.Clare to the best of my knowledge?!

They don't, the above poster is from Dublin and seemingly didn't realise which forum this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Carnacalla wrote: »
    They don't, the above poster is from Dublin and seemingly didn't realise which forum this is.

Easy mistake to make :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Sorry,just searched boards for bin charges.

Advertisement