Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunblade Arcade Cabinet

Options
  • 08-12-2013 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

The sale on this has fell through on me, & I just want rid of it now at this stage. Machine powers on but the PSU isn't regulating the 5V supply correctly which causes the game not to boot, & causes the screen not to power on sometimes. It's a common issue with the Model 2B CRX system, so it just needs a replacement psu. It was like this from the moment I bought it & brought it home. I did get some untested psu's from Mitch to try, but they were all faulty (measured outputs on them with multimeter & none had a working 5v output).

So it's free to whoever wants it.

29msrp0.jpg

It's a big cab as can be seen, but the gun section splits away from the screen. I have the gun section disassembled now (cowls off, wheels off, guns off) so all of that should fit in a car handy enough...the screen section though will need a van I'd imagine. Replacement psu's can be gotten on J+, & run in around £40ish, or you can use a generic jamma psu & wire it into the existing loom if you wish.

Dublin 10 area

Comments

just out of curiosity,
    what input does the monitor take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    just out of curiosity,
    what input does the monitor take?

RGB & Sync via bnc connectors. There's also a power connector which powers the screen up via the psu in the gun section

so you could Jamma it.
    would make a cool virtua tennis/striker machine if you took the guns off and put buttons/sticks in !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    so you could Jamma it.
    would make a cool virtua tennis/striker machine if you took the guns off and put buttons/sticks in !

It would be great if you wired it up to a PC/MAME for use with all shooters that use one of those pedestal gun inputs. Things like Terminator 2, Alien: The Gun, Operation Wolf, Space Gun etc

Still can't believe you're giving this away Myrddin, fair play to you. As always, I'd be leaping all over this if I had the space... as I'm sure lots of other folks would be too.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still can't believe you're giving this away Myrddin, fair play to you. As always, I'd be leaping all over this if I had the space... as I'm sure lots of other folks would be too.

Ah I just want rid of it now at this stage, it's an amazing cab but it's going unused & unloved. You could Jamma it yep, it'd be some setup having HS etc on the big screen.

Cab is free people, no hidden charges! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I take this if nobody else wants it i need a monitor for my HOTD3

I take this if nobody else wants it i need a monitor for my HOTD3

Yeah its all yours Mitch. Pm on the way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ah balls , if mitch doesnt take it a mate of mine (who has a disturbingly large collection of game gear columns carts)is looking for it .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement