Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use NCAD portfolio for IADT?

• 08-12-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm making a portfolio for NCAD, but now I want to also apply for Film and TV production in IADT. So can I just enter my NCAD portfolio, or will I have to submit short films and script samples?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

As far as I know NCAD looks for some pretty specific things that might not be very applicable for a Film & TV Portfolio. If you look here you'll get details on the course and portfolio tips.

Here's what it says about portfolio:

Your portfolio should:
    Be selective: include and highlight only your best work, excluding early works unless there are some exceptional pieces. Do not “pack” it with any more than 30 pieces. (We appreciate quality, not quantity)
    • Show evidence of hard work, commitment and quality
    • Not include 3D work (only 2D documentation of 3D work)
    • Clearly identify your role if team work is included
    • Include notebooks, cuttings, creative sketchbooks or visual diaries indicating your interest in the discipline
    • Present your work to your best possible advantage
    • Not be a copy from photographs. Do not include any artwork which is a copy of someone else’s work
    • Include a CV (one per programme applied to) with details of hobbies, technical skills and involvement in activities related to the programme you are applying to. As information on age or educational background is not used for assessment purposes, this should not be included in your CV.

We would like to see a portfolio that demonstrates a high level of visual skill, creativity, self-motivation, inventiveness, experimentation, flexibility and stylistic variation.

For this programme, these are our guidelines. It is not necessary to include all of the items listed below.
    • Film/Video work - to be presented on DVD (PAL) only. At least 4 minutes of your footage will be screened by the panel. Let us know your role(s) on the production
    • Photography - include a selection of your best work in black & white and/or colour and supply all images on print. If work is digital, then print in high-quality mode
    • Written Work - screenplays (correct format), short stories, plays and poetry are all acceptable. For screenplays and short stories, synopsise the story on a cover sheet and indicate what section you would like us to read
    • Audio Work (on Audio CD only) - radio plays, music you have composed and interesting soundscapes
    • Drawing or Concept work - drawings and paintings that indicate that you have a good eye and imagination. Also, storyboards, costume and production design sketches.

Hope this helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alexor95

Thanks!

Advertisement