Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WhiteTape for road marks

• 08-12-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭

I am making a road model out of black acrylic for the road. I'm not sure what kind of white tape I should use for the road marks. Any help plz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Why not use paint? Works ok on real roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭mobydopy

mawk wrote: »
    Why not use paint? Works ok on real roads

I don't paint will work on a black acrylic sheet!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Worriedmind

Does it matter? Presumably the tape will not be subject to any stress and its primary function is aesthetic. So why is this an engineering question?

Use white electrical tape or go to your local arts/hobby shop and see what they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

More of an Art question than engineering really, but you're best off to use white electrical tape, which you can pick up in a hardware shop.

Probably easiest to do a continuous white line, and then measure out strips and cut the tape with a Stanley blade. Try not to stretch the tape too much when you lay it down or it'll eventually contract to its original length.

Advertisement