Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Everton, 4pm, SS1

• 08-12-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Big game for both teams, a win for Arsenal will send them 7 points clear, while a victory for the Toffees will send them into joint second. Two of the most inform teams at the moment, Everton having a great win midweek, while Arsenal got to rest some key players.

Probable teams:

826163106.jpg?1386417164

Prediction: 2-1 home win in a great game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

3-2 Everton for me. Hoping for a sensational game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

any receipes for this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

3-1 Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

blingrhino wrote: »
    any receipes for this one?

Bit early yet. There will be loads, don't worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

dfbemt wrote: »
    Bit early yet. There will be loads, don't worry
    sorry im like my 6 yo waiting on santa :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

A bright sunny day here at the Emirates, and everyone in a very cheerful mood, I'm going for a 2-0 win for the Gooners, we will get on top of their midfield from the off and control the game, just defending set pieces with Lukaku could be our only worry but guess what we have the best defence in the league so we should be able to handle win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Really really hoping for an Arsenal win obviously. Can see Everton sneaking the draw though thanks to the Lukauku factor. The last game back in April finished 0-0 and I expect more of the same.

Last 10 between Arsenal and Everton

Arsenal Wins: 6
    Draws: 4
    Everton Wins: 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll be amazed if there's more than 3 goals in this one.

2-1 Arsenal I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'd expect Flamini to start for Arsenal, at the expense of Wilshere (vs the OP), with Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla comprising the attacking trio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Narrow 1-0 for Arsenal.

Everything is falling into place for them with results this weekend and they can't afford to let an opportunity like this slide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

It'll be a 1-1 draw to the blues ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

All the big teams dropped points yesterday so hopefully arsenal can win. Play our normal back 4 and Ramsey and we should win.

2-1 gunners hopefully.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would expect both Flamini and Arteta to start with Ramsey right and Cazorla left.

I expect a tight game, a win would be massive but my gut tells me it will be a draw.

I was at the 0-0 in the emirates last season, hopefully my absence today will give the team the impetus they need to push on and get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

One nil to the arsenal. Walcott the scorer late in the second half. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Im really looking forward to this myself , hoping its the game of the season end to end attacking stuff from both sides with Everton just nicking it by the odd goal in a 5 goal thriller :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Been a long time since we conceded twice in the league, but lukaku concerns me. As I'm sure he concerns most defences. He's a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Been a long time since we conceded twice in the league, but lukaku concerns me. As I'm sure he concerns most defences. He's a beast.

If we can keep Suarez out then Lukaku shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would expect both Flamini and Arteta to start with Ramsey right and Cazorla left.

I expect a tight game, a win would be massive but my gut tells me it will be a draw.

I was at the 0-0 in the emirates last season, hopefully my absence today will give the team the impetus they need to push on and get the win.

Really hope Ramsey isnt played on the right. Worked against Napoli is about all. Didnt against United.

We are a much better side with Ramsey partnering Arteta or Flamini.

Playing the best midfielder in the league out of position is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Sagna still injured lads? Expecting a cagey first 20 minutes then the game to really open up, has the makings of a cracking game. 3-1 Arsenal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is Sagna still injured lads? Expecting a cagey first 20 minutes then the game to really open up, has the makings of a cracking game. 3-1 Arsenal.

Not expected back until the City match at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not expected back until the City match at the earliest.

Big loss to the back 4. Hopefully Deulafleu doesn't start as he could really expose Jenkinsons defensive frailty's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Match against united will hopefully have Everton a little bit tired. If we control the midfield as we can do we should get a win here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

MagicIRL wrote: »
    3-2 Everton for me. Hoping for a sensational game though.

Is Anthony Taylor the ref ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Big loss to the back 4. Hopefully Deulafleu doesn't start as he could really expose Jenkinsons defensive frailty's.

Del isn't starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

Arsenal subs: Vermaelen, Rosicky, Walcott, Monreal, Flamini, Fabianski, Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Flamini on the bench :confused:

Good in a way, i think we'll have more going forward with only the one defensive midfielder on the pitch. Keeps Ramsey in his best position and Jack has been doing well out wide the last while.

That's a strong looking bench too, would expect to see Theo and Rosicky on if we are in dire need of a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Flamini on the bench :confused:

Could be thinking of Napoli where he is more suited, he probably isn't 100% either with the groin strain he had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oranage2 wrote: »
    All the big teams dropped points yesterday so hopefully arsenal can win. Play our normal back 4 and Ramsey and we should win.

2-1 gunners hopefully.
    All the big teams?

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If we can keep Suarez out then Lukaku shouldn't be a problem.

They provide a different type of threat imo.

I havn't seen an awful lot of Arsenal this season, but is part of the reason they've conceded so few goals down to the quality in midfield meaning the back 4 aren't often tested?
    If so, then Lukaku still can provide a potent threat, his size, strength and power mean he'll be a handful from set pieces.

As a neutral I'm really looking forward to this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hidalgo wrote: »
    They provide a different type of threat imo.

I havn't seen an awful lot of Arsenal this season, but is part of the reason they've conceded so few goals down to the quality in midfield meaning the back 4 aren't often tested?
    If so, then Lukaku still can provide a potent threat, his size, strength and power mean he'll be a handful from set pieces.

As a neutral I'm really looking forward to this one

The back 4 and Szczesny have all been excellent. Mertesacker in particular has been a rock in defense.The main weak point here today would probably be Jenkinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Come on Lukaku :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Happy flamini is on the bench. We should only be playing 1 dm with ramsey at home. Lets concentrate on what we are gonna do first and foremost

Going to miss this match, will probably be glued to this thread!

Come on you Gunners!!

Super-Rush wrote: »
    All the big teams?

Really?

I'm suprised at you getting swallowed!

Hope this is a scoredraw goalfest with multiple sendings off

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal winning 1-0 from a Lukaku OG would be sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm suprised at you getting swallowed!

Hope this is a scoredraw goalfest with multiple sendings off

I know.

I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Nice touch with the Pat rice shirts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nice touch with the Par rice shirts

Thinking the same. That and the charity donations, albeit not much to make a dent on their wages, but in total that's a lot of money from the staff that will go to a good cause.

Arsenal are one of the classier clubs, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

3 - 1 to the Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

2 -- 0 to the Gooners. Come on lads. Early goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Super-Rush wrote: »
    All the big teams?

Really?

Oops a daisy

Some pressing game Everton are playing here. All over us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Everton all over Arsenal here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Haven't settled at all

Poor start from us so far. Officially worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

We're a bit hurried, need to take it a bit slower on the ball, make fewer little errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

a cracking start so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Great pace to the game. Hope it stays like this, some potential for a cracker of a match.

Pretty impressive tactical nous shown by Martinez here in how he's set them up.

Can't keep that up for the whole game though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement