Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Lunch -Where?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Mr ABC has given me a free pass from cooking & I fancy a Sunday lunch out today! :D

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go for a decent lunch? Not the Market Lane, as we fancy a change

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The Wilton Bar if its a carver you're after.
    Amicus by Paul St. is good for lunch if you want something a bit lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think I saw on Twitter that Star Anise is open for lunch today. You might want to confirm that.

The Rising Tide does a good Sunday lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Star Anise is very nice.

OP where did you go in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The Viaduct on the Bandon road is hard to beat for a good lunch. McCarthy's in Bishopstown is pretty decent too. The East Village in Douglas has a very good menu and reasonable-ish prices. A little further afield, the Elm Tree in Glounthane is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

jimgoose wrote: »
    the Elm Tree in Glounthane is excellent.

This was going to be my suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The Imperial do a lovely carvery lunch - not sure if they do it on Sunday though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Douglas golf club do a nice Sunday dinner. Nice menu at reasonable price. It is where I usually go when bringing the parents out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

McCarthy's in Bishopstown gets my vote too. Good food and good prices. Great for a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

cantdecide wrote: »
    This was going to be my suggestion.

The Elm Tree won a few awards,for best carvery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The Elm Tree won a few awards,for best carvery etc.

yeah, I have to admit they carvery is excellent. They are also well staffed and can handle very large crowds, waiting is minimised...and when I am hungry that is very important :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The elm tree is very good alright but only problem I have with it is that they won't take bookings. I hate going that far and not knowing how long you will be waiting with kids and nowhere else as a fall back.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Bull McCabes up the airport road, there a few months ago, dam nice

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Pricey & definitely a treat but Sunday lunch @ Ballymaloe is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

I'd recommend the Imperial

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

jimgoose wrote: »
    The Viaduct on the Bandon road is hard to beat for a good lunch.

Lovely grub in here! Not shy with the peppered sauce either :D

Tried the Wilton before, the roast beef was like chewing a welly, when we explained to the girl on the till she made a big song and dance about it and replaced the dinners which came back to us cold. Might have just caught it on a bad day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Silver Key on the Boreenmanna road does a good Sunday lunch, prefer downstairs in the bar area than the upstairs restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Mr ABC has given me a free pass from cooking & I fancy a Sunday lunch out today! :D

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go for a decent lunch? Not the Market Lane, as we fancy a change

TIA

if you like Chinese you should try eden Patrick street,v nice

Advertisement