Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day Taxis to/from Malahide ? Halo ?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

I am considering an invitation for Xmas day to Malahide but concerned about the availability of taxis to there on Xmas morning (from Ranelagh) and back in the evening ... though I imagine it might be €50 each way :(

Even if I book now ... can I rely on them turning up ? Now that w have Halo, will there by plenty of Halo drivers around on Xmas day ? I imagine Muslim and Asian drivers would not bother about Xmas ...

Anyone know about this ? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Dublin City to Dublin County North

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

January wrote: »
    Moved from Dublin City to Dublin County North

Not sure I understand ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Never had trouble ordering a taxi on Christmas day. Done it the last few year. North county Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Piliger wrote: »
    Not sure I understand ...

Means the thread has been moved to a different boards.ie sub section, dunno why Dublin County North though seeing as you are starting your journey in Ranalagh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

820 cabs take pre bookings for crimbo day
    the rate will be higher then normal
    Piliger wrote: »
    I am considering an invitation for Xmas day to Malahide but concerned about the availability of taxis to there on Xmas morning (from Ranelagh) and back in the evening ... though I imagine it might be €50 each way :(

Even if I book now ... can I rely on them turning up ? Now that w have Halo, will there by plenty of Halo drivers around on Xmas day ? I imagine Muslim and Asian drivers would not bother about Xmas ...

Anyone know about this ? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Means the thread has been moved to a different boards.ie sub section, dunno why Dublin County North though seeing as you are starting your journey in Ranalagh :)
    The OP specifically mentioned Malahide in the thread title, so it was assumed that this was the more important element to the journey. I suggested that the Dublin City mods may wish to move it on that basis.

If the OP wants it moved back to Dublin City with the thread title changed to 'Christmas Day Taxis to/from Ranelagh ? Halo ?' - they can PM me & I will sort it.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Got several PM's - thanks people ! - and it looks like it will cost about €115 round trip. I'll have to think about that ... and if it's worth it, to be honest :rolleyes: A lot of money for one day ...

Thanks for the comments guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

Anybody know how much it would be from Glasneven to Lucan tomorrow evening?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Neither of those areas are in North County Dublin. If I were you I'd call a cab company in the Glasnevin area and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Similar type quote required. Need to get back from Balbriggan on New Years eve to Ranelagh. Not sure what time yet, probably some time between 3/4 am. Has anyone anything done anything similar on a NYE? Would Hailo have taxis available at that time? And would a taxi driver want that fare at that time, heading back into town?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 reginaflange

Hailo are hoping to have at LEAST 300 drivers working dublin/kildare area new years eve, so you should have no issues getting a taxi. :-)

Advertisement