Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Cyclists, dressed as santa.

Options
  • 08-12-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

And a few others in their regular cycling gear.

Any one see them heading around Lough Gill and through town today. Must say, it made a change from the usual Sunday Morning spin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    And a few others in their regular cycling gear.

Any one see them heading around Lough Gill and through town today. Must say, it made a change from the usual Sunday Morning spin.

yeah it was the innisfree wheels who are a sligo cycling club. was chatting to some of them yesterday they were doing a charity cycle in johnsons court on stationary bikes. they do a lap round the lake then take on some refreshments. what a great idea to help promote the sport and the club and it adds great colour to the town. saw a few of them with christmas lights on the bike and everything. brilliant! fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Lol. I was actually one of them.

:D

Was alot of fun, regrouped in Drumoaire, and again on the Pearse Rd, for a slow convoy through town, down Castle and O'Connell St, finishing at the back of Connollys Pub.

Cant remember the figure but think it was around 3k between today, and collections in the Johnstons Court yesterday.

Although, considering only a few Sundays till Xmas, there was very few in the town when we were passing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

well done it put a smile on my face to see ye!
    i was in town yesterday and my theory was that there were 4 centres of gathering. johnsons court, fayre, quayside and dunnes cranmore area. this kind of stretched out things. i could be wrong!

promethius wrote: »
    well done it put a smile on my face to see ye!
    i was in town yesterday and my theory was that there were 4 centres of gathering. johnsons court, fayre, quayside and dunnes cranmore area. this kind of stretched out things. i could be wrong!

I thought they were just in the JC my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I thought it was brilliant. Took photos and a video, blog post here http://magnumlady.com/2013/12/08/santa-charity-cycle/

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    I thought it was brilliant. Took photos and a video, blog post here http://magnumlady.com/2013/12/08/santa-charity-cycle/

Great pictures, was trying to spot my self.

Thought I seen you there, but didn't quite have the nerve to go and ask if you were from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

magnumlady wrote: »

Not like you to promote your blog......

thebuzz wrote: »
    Not like you to promote your blog......

Not promoting it just thought the cyclists might like to see the pics.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Great pictures, was trying to spot my self.

Thought I seen you there, but didn't quite have the nerve to go and ask if you were from the internet.

You should have done :)

Advertisement