Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Sourdough Bread?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can buy a nice loaf of sourdough in D15? Tried the bakers in Ongar earlier but they don't do it. Really have a goo on me now :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay folks we need everyone onto this.

I want some sourdough bread too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I got a lovely loaf at the Christmas food thing in the RDS a couple of weeks ago, it had hazelnuts and walnuts in it. Absolutely delish. I thought maybe one of the Eastern European shops might do it, I'll start the hunt tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Scrambled eggs on sourdough is one of the simple pleasures of life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

Marks & Spencers have sourdough

Scrambled eggs on sourdough is one of the simple pleasures of life!!

That's exactly what I wanted yesterday for brekkie!

Bedrock#1, thank you! I'll be hitting M&S later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I also got sourdough bread in Superquinn not sure if they still do it but it was done fresh in their bakery there I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I went on my J1 visa to San Francisco many moons ago and had my first introduction to sourdough bread. Fell in love with it immediately!! I always order it when in the States, lots of places have it there. I must check out SQ or M&S then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

ongarboy wrote: »
    I went on my J1 visa to San Francisco many moons ago and had my first introduction to sourdough bread. Fell in love with it immediately!! I always order it when in the States, lots of places have it there. I must check out SQ or M&S then!!

me too, I've tried sourdough here but its not sour enough, just tastes like regular bread. I'll check out Marks though and hopefully that will hit the spot.

Tried the M&S sourdough..... Nice texture, chewy, and crunchy when toasted, not terribly 'sour' but a reasonable tang. It freezes well too, so I bought a couple of loaves for the freezer - defrost them for the weekend so I can have it with creamy scrambled eggs :)
    Haven't tried superquinn's yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

nikpmup wrote: »
    Tried the M&S sourdough..... Nice texture, chewy, and crunchy when toasted, not terribly 'sour' but a reasonable tang. It freezes well too, so I bought a couple of loaves for the freezer - defrost them for the weekend so I can have it with creamy scrambled eggs :)
    Haven't tried superquinn's yet.

Excellent work nkipmup :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement