Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Infraction

Options
  • 08-12-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I received an infraction on the Ranting & Raving Forum.

This was my post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87897260

Please also check
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056828194&page=33

I have never had any issues before. It was an honest mistake and I have read the rules since and have taken note. This was the first time I have not read a charter on a forum, wihch I realise was my mistake, as I was in a hurry at the time. This will NOT happen again.

I have though felt unfairly 'pointed out' in the last part of the thread, so that I could be reported by someone else and not given a just a plain warning! My post could have just simply been removed and a note to say why, but without incurring any infraction, at least I would have been aware that I had posted in error, but not so. I have written to the mod explaining but he/she is still upholding the infraction

I am hoping you can clear this up for me and remove this infraction from my account, as it is unfair.

I appreciate your efforts in helping me out. Thank you so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi merlie,

I'll look into this and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Penn wrote: »
    Hi merlie,

I'll look into this and get back to you.

Thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi merlie,

It's been a long-standing rule of the Ranting & Raving Forum (pretty much since its inception) that you don't counter-rant on threads. This is usually punished with a yellow or red card. I'm sorry, but in no way is this infraction unfair. It's the responsibility of each poster to make themselves aware of the rules and abide by them. This is even more important on private forums such as R&R as private forums sometimes have different rules than most public forums.

Your counter-rant resulted in someone responding to your counter-rant. This is why counter-rants aren't allowed, they can result in arguments forming which means people get in trouble.

I'm sorry, but I see no reason to overturn the infraction, as it's a fairly standard mod action for counter-ranting. In truth though, an infraction is a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, so you really shouldn't worry about it. So long as you don't do the same thing again, it really doesn't matter.

Infraction upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Penn wrote: »
    Hi merlie,

It's been a long-standing rule of the Ranting & Raving Forum (pretty much since its inception) that you don't counter-rant on threads. This is usually punished with a yellow or red card. I'm sorry, but in no way is this infraction unfair. It's the responsibility of each poster to make themselves aware of the rules and abide by them. This is even more important on private forums such as R&R as private forums sometimes have different rules than most public forums.

Your counter-rant resulted in someone responding to your counter-rant. This is why counter-rants aren't allowed, they can result in arguments forming which means people get in trouble.

I'm sorry, but I see no reason to overturn the infraction, as it's a fairly standard mod action for counter-ranting. In truth though, an infraction is a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, so you really shouldn't worry about it. So long as you don't do the same thing again, it really doesn't matter.

Infraction upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Thank you Penn for checking this out for me. I understand and now accept the infraction. Though for me it will cause me to worry about posting in the future, regardless. I am a bit of a worry wart, so to speak. Thank you for your help and kind words. I appreciate your efforts in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Marked as resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement