Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which mic? for xbox one

Options
  • 08-12-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i want to know which headset i should get for the Xbox one (I know you need a Adapter that xbox has to make) But my budgets is like 180 I was looking at the Astro a40 headset On Ebay and Adverts any more suggestions? if someone has the Astro a40 can you give me some info if their any good etc?

Thanks.

Comments

Whats wrong with the headset that comes with it?.

The sound quality is pretty good and it doesn't get uncomfortable which is a big plus as I've had that issue with both earset and headphones set ups before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i think the xbox headseats are awful pieces of garbish and extremely uncomfortable.
    Definitely looking at getting one of the turtlebeach headsets which are wireless in that they hook to the controller and wireless to the XB1..

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

coming soon around €150 or so..think release date is Dec 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Blazer wrote: »
    i think the xbox headseats are awful pieces of garbish and extremely uncomfortable.
    Definitely looking at getting one of the turtlebeach headsets which are wireless in that they hook to the controller and wireless to the XB1..

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

coming soon around €150 or so..think release date is Dec 31st.

FFS why can't they be available for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I have Astro A40s, love them. Very comfortable, even use them for listening to music. Loads of different cables, so you'll be sorted in that regard. There's one massive issue with headsets and the Xbox One at the moment, and that's the lack of Dolby Digital surround sound. It's "coming in the near future" according to Xbox, but who knows when that'll be. That's not Astro's fault, though.

You could pick up the Astro mix amp and Steelseries Siberia V2 which is a great combo. Any PC headset works with the Mixamp, as long as it is connected via audio cables and not USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I have Astro A40s, love them. Very comfortable, even use them for listening to music. Loads of different cables, so you'll be sorted in that regard. There's one massive issue with headsets and the Xbox One at the moment, and that's the lack of Dolby Digital surround sound. It's "coming in the near future" according to Xbox, but who knows when that'll be. That's not Astro's fault, though.

You could pick up the Astro mix amp and Steelseries Siberia V2 which is a great combo. Any PC headset works with the Mixamp, as long as it is connected via audio cables and not USB.

Thanks How's the Games sound the Xbox 360? would be mlg type of mic?

• Advertisement

Thanks How's the Games sound the Xbox 360? would be mlg type of mic?

As you'd expect – brilliant. What do you mean by "MLG type of mic"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

As you'd expect – brilliant. What do you mean by "MLG type of mic"?

MLG - Major League Gaming = Professional players.

The answer is: Yes, Astro A40's are the chosen headset for FPS Pro gamers.

what do you think i should do? im getting the Xbox one on xmas.. Should i get the Astro a40 when i get my xbox one or should i wait till the adapter is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

There's the Astro A50s, which is a wireless version of the A40s - what I currently use, awesome headset!

I know but i cant afford them!!

• Advertisement

MLG - Major League Gaming = Professional players.

The answer is: Yes, Astro A40's are the chosen headset for FPS Pro gamers.

I know what MLG is (I was on the Decerto circuit for a few years), but the mic itself? Nothing really "pro" about it. The headphones themselves are great though, and Astro were MLGs partner for a number of years, and they still do sponsor the European circuit (Decerto). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

If you think you can do it and have a solder gun you could have chat using this method

http://m.instructables.com/id/Xbob-360-to-Xbox-One-Headset-DIY-Conversion-Turtle/

Seen it here posted by another user (Bohrio). Seems easy enough if you can solder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Just talk through your kinect. That's what I do, and will continue to do until the adapter is available.

Advertisement