Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Display Issue

Options
  • 08-12-2013 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Further to my recent thread on HDD partitions, I decided to reformat & re-install Win 7 on daughters old laptop (Compaq F500) & give it to the Ma (a real Silver Surfer! :P )

Prior to & after re-install the screen was playing up. It is intermittent & happens even if the laptop is not being touched or moved. There is no obvious trigger for it, it just happens randomly.

The system freezes & reboot is required.

Graphics chip overheating or on way out?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Adobe flash plugin has crashed....I get that 24/7 now and have no display or other problems, its a right pain. Google chrome has built in flash, and is more reliable.

Cant help u with display probs, I'm no techie:(

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

it could be just teh cable going to the screen is loose/laptop took a knock and slightly dislodged it seems like it could be a sync issue from your video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

I get weird glitches something like that sometimes - usually after a hibernate - using the hot key to switch to external monitor and then switch back again usually resets the graphics card for me.

Try booting one of those Live Linux Boot CDs - if it happens in that then its a hardware issue - if not then finding better drivers/reinstall/different OS might cure it?

“Roll it back”

Advertisement