Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP

• 08-12-2013 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I read we lost a motorcyclist today in co.wicklow. God rest his poor soul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Yea i heard earlier on today about that accident

It happened on the Kilmac to Roundwood road just after Djouce Golf Club on the S bends, i find that section of road very slippy if it is any way damp

RIP to rider and god bless his family especially at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very sad news indeed, any idea of the lads age etc.....terrible time of year for this to happen.

RIP to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Heard it tonight as wel. 50yo I think?

Another biker and a car driver in hosp - thought they 3 were involved but missed art of the report.

Stay safe everyone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Rip

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Awful news, so sad. I was out riding that road just two hours earlier. Really makes you think. I wonder what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Stheno wrote: »

Another awful day for our community. Very likely the Cork man might have been coming from the Toy Run for Barnardos/ Children's Leukemia Association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

R.I.P. horrible time for the families coming up to christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Some road surfaces are a bit slippier than were previously and the tyres sometimes don't generate the heat they did earlier in the year . I have seen some dodgy little sections on the road which could catch you out . Some days I feel a mite uncomfortable on the bike .

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

R.I.P to the fallen riders and condolences to their families in this very difficult time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ah for **** sake, I feel so bad for the lads families. RIP to both fallen men. I hope there was no pain and it was only happiness they knew before hand. Horrible time of year, though there is never a good time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

robinwing wrote: »
    Some road surfaces are a bit slippier than were previously and the tyres sometimes don't generate the heat they did earlier in the year . I have seen some dodgy little sections on the road which could catch you out . Some days I feel a mite uncomfortable on the bike .

It was very slippy, I was taking it extra easy in parts as I was just not confident. So sad this guy lost his life. Play it safe lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

R.I.P.

Thoughts and prayers with the families left behind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I dont ride at this time of year, even if it sunny....theres so much unseen slime on the country roads ...call me a girl if ya want....

Condolences to their family and friends...

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I dont ride at this time of year, even if it sunny....theres so much unseen slime on the country roads ...call me a girl if ya want....

Condolences to their family and friends...

R.I.P.

You girl.

But seriously you're right.. I curtail my riding at this time of year, and almost never ride the country roads at night until late spring.. Example was last week, I train with the Garda Judo Club in Westmanstown (Lucan/Coolmine) and last week informed them its my last training session for the winter due to the dangerous country roads out that way, and I'd be a very confident rider ~ but I know my and the roads limits too.

And the poor families of those killed.. What a loved will rarely tell us is that each & every time we leave them for a ride out they're expecting bad news from either us or someone else informing them of an accident.

I know like me you're around a long time, and have (like me too) attended your share of biker funerals ~ but this forum has a lot of young novice riders and I'd say to them to read what I posted in the paragraph above and remind themselves of it often.

Be bloody careful out there brothers and sisters, and may you all have a very safe and happy Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Be bloody careful out there brothers and sisters, and may you all have a very safe and happy Christmas.

Amen to that. I'm not very religious but what prayers are still rattling around me I offered them upto to last weekends sadness.

As Mak mentioned be safe......added to the slippery roads, it's the cages post their boozy Xmas lunches I'm very wary of these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I was driving to ballinastoe MTB yesterday and I think I seen the fella that got killed, he was driving a really old cb500 or similar, with old orange work gloves taped to his hands.

If it is the guy, the road was in perfect nick but he was going about 60 and cars were going around 100 - I over took him on a straight and it was fine, but I can imagine someone getting thick and overtaking him on a bend and getting into trouble

Was it at that junction at the golf club i wonder..???...i fcuking hate that crossroads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I was out in Dunboyne on Sunday, came around a left hand bend. Halfway through it the road was covered in diesel....had my first brown trouser moment in a long long time. Rest of the spin was full of what ifs and maybes!!!!

Deffo home for 4pm these days you can see nothing.

As OP said, take it easy people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

jameshayes wrote: »
    I was driving to ballinastoe MTB yesterday and I think I seen the fella that got killed, he was driving a really old cb500 or similar, with old orange work gloves taped to his hands.

If it is the guy, the road was in perfect nick but he was going about 60 and cars were going around 100 - I over took him on a straight and it was fine, but I can imagine someone getting thick and overtaking him on a bend and getting into trouble

Dont think your on the right trail, 5 bikers in convoy, one was just past the car that lost control.

(eyewitness account) not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭scotchy

From what i heard from reliable source..The car lost control and went into the bikers......

Have come off my bike at this time of year before due to wet leaves, but don't think slippery road conditions where a factor in this instance.

Anyway, RIP.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    From what i heard from reliable source..The car lost control and went into the bikers......

Sadly this will be recorded as "another bike fatality"......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

scotchy wrote: »

Have come off my bike at this time of year before due to wet leaves, but don't think slippery road conditions where a factor in this instance.

Anyway, RIP.

I met the chap that was killed a couple of weeks back, really lovely bloke, sadly missed by his friends and family. One of the other lads is in hospital with multiple fractures. Badly out of control car hitting them side on was what I heard, nothing they could do by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

RIP...condolences to the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Very sad. Know this section very well.
    R.I.P.

Advertisement