Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree

Options
  • 08-12-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering how much people are paying for their (real) Christmas trees.
    Haven't heard much about them this year and no prices advertised. Seems you have to go in and look for the prices in places yourself.

Was in Connacht Gold during the week and they're priced at €50, €10 extra if you want a stand.
    Was also in the car park on Custom House Quay, €45/50 on the labels but nobody to be found.

Surely they're on the expensive side?

Any suggestions on places and prices would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

That's very expensive, some for sale in ballymote €25-€30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Collooney car boot sale is selling them for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

magnumlady wrote: »

That's a great price! Is there a phone number for them by any chance? I think the other half would have me killed if I made her wait till Sunday to put it up! :p

Maybe a mod could post this in the original post?
    Prices:
    Cannings, Pearse rd: between €45-65 (stand +€10)
    Homebase: varies form €40-60 (+l €20 for a stand, or 50 for a fancy one)
    Abbey st, where the vegetable shop used to be: €40 (€5 for stand)
    Connacht Gold: €50 (+€10 for stand)
    Rogers, Ballymote: €50 (+10 for stand) They looked like great trees to be honest!

There was another shop in Ballymote, trees looked terrible though

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Those higher prices sound like similar prices to last year round here. I thought they were expensive then too! But an artificial tree just isn't the same :-(.
    Our veg shop never advertises the prices, I've always had to ask. I notice he doesn't have nearly as many out as he did last year, so I haven't even asked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

The big price difference is probably attributable to different breeds of tree rather than anyone doing a rip-off.
    I'm not a horticulturalist but nobilis or noble fir is much more expensive than ordinary fir.
    Queried this when I thought I was being fleeced a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

What about this one beside Mercy? Are they delivering home?

loki7777 wrote: »
    What about this one beside Mercy? Are they delivering home?

That must be the one on Abbey st? I actually picked one up from there today,€40 and got the stand for €5. He's nice to deal with. Don't know anything about delivering though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Feeneys Garden Centre have trees for sale at the old Davey Motors and deliver.
    Don't know about prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Anyone know where sells fibre optic trees? About 5 of 6ft ones, not the mini-ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Feeneys trees are €50, got mine there. Must say trees are the best I've seen in a few years, my biggest trouble was getting one small enough for my tiny apartment

Trees for sale at kg tools down the docks look to be of a great quality too.

Went to Connaught gold but they didn't have many trees left and they told me about Feeneys. This was last weekend tho so they mace have more since then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

They're selling them on Burton Street, opposite the Mercy Primary too.

Don't know how much, but you usually get good prices in there.

Close to Mercy it is 35-50.

So back to topic:how does it looks like this year as we are going to buy one tomorrow?

loki7777 wrote: »
    So back to topic:how does it looks like this year as we are going to buy one tomorrow?

The place on Burton street, across from Mercy are selling them between 40-70. Not sure of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Doesn't seem to be a lot of places selling them this year?

Looks like, we bought from Feeney 45 - nice tree but it doesn't smell at all.

Bump for 2016. How are the prices now - we are going to buy christmas tree tomorrow - we will be checking prices at Waterglades Garden Centre as this is the closes to us - an experience with buying trees from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Mr.Price has real trees for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Seen the mr price ones good price but they have zero smell and for some reason still look kinda fake to me. I got one at the garden Centre beside holywell €45 great selection and they smell devine.

So same as we but we took the one for €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I got one at the garden Centre beside holywell €45 great selection and they smell devine.

Looking to pick one up in the morning. New enough to Sligo. Where is this place exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TomYeats1

magnumlady wrote: »

Got ours there too :)

Went to the place near Holywell. Great selection. Don't know the price. Didn't have room in the car though.
    Ended up getting one in the garden centre beside Supermacs on the (I think) Bundoran Road.
    €50 and it's a lovely tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

you could just go out an cut one. there everywhere around you and free!!

Advertisement