Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloaded games and console bans

Options
  • 08-12-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

What happens if you build a up a collection of games and Movies and your console or Xbox Live account is banned.

Using the same game tag I know if your console dies you can download all your purchased stuff again on a new Xbox.

What happens if your Xbox Live account is banned?

Comments

If you're console is banned then you can't download to that console and if your game tag is banned you can't download them on any console.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I assume you'd still be able to play the games in offline mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

If you're console is banned then you can't download to that console and if your game tag is banned you can't download them on any console.

And we know from reading online Microsoft love to hand out bans maybe we should not be too fast to give up physical media.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I assume you'd still be able to play the games in offline mode?

As long as they're downloaded to the console you can but you can't download any games you bought but don't have on your hard drive

Wow... has it always been like that? That's so restrictive! They shouldn't really be able to stop you from playing games that you own. If thats the case then you don't really own the games at all! Why do console players put up with this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

Wow... has it always been like that? That's so restrictive! They shouldn't really be able to stop you from playing games that you own. If thats the case then you don't really own the games at all! Why do console players put up with this???
    Don't do bad things and you won't get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

or buy a pc..

*hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The following is from the Xbox Live terms of use which you agreed to before creating your Xbox live account
    The application is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the application. If Microsoft disables the ability to use the applications on your devices pursuant to your agreement with Microsoft, any associated license rights will terminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

What way are the "free games with gold"? Are they only licensed too?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

erkifino wrote: »
    What way are the "free games with gold"? Are they only licensed too?

Yeah, exact same as above applies I would think. You still go through the process of purchasing them so it would be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

cml387 wrote: »

In an Ideal world yes... but it wouldnt be the first time someone gets a ban without doing anything wrong.

cml387 wrote: »

What gets you banned?

What gets you banned?

People have been banned for playing games they legally purchased before the official release date. There was a huge number of people banned for playing the copy of GTAV amazon shipped early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

People have been banned for playing games they legally purchased before the official release date. There was a huge number of people banned for playing the copy of GTAV amazon shipped early.
    Where they not unbanned if they could prove that they had received it from a retailer who had sent it early?

dor83 wrote: »
    Where they not unbanned if they could prove that they had received it from a retailer who had sent it early?

I know someone who was banned and Microsoft flat out refused to overturn it even when he sent them on copies of his amazon order. He was told that if he bought a new console he could play on the just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

I know someone who was banned and Microsoft flat out refused to overturn it even when he sent them on copies of his amazon order. He was told that if he bought a new console he could play on the just fine.
    Oh, console bans are different alright, from what I've heard they will flat out refuse to reverse console bans and in some cases have even replaced consoles that were incorrectly banned rather than unban it. If that was me I would keep hassling them until they agreed to replace my console, they didn't do anything wrong and can prove it so MS should either unban or replace the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

What gets you banned?

Despite what you read, it's mostly Microsoft ensuring the integrity of the Live
    environment. Hacks to get special outfits,modifying avatars,pretending to be on Gold for longer etc. etc. Mostly the geeky things that uber geeks might cheat on to impress other ubergeeks.And I speak as an Xbox user.

Advertisement