Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AWear Grafton Street

Options
  • 08-12-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Does anybody know what the current status of AWear Grafton Street is? I've been hearing of some AWear stores being closed and others having closure sales at the moment and I can't seem to find anything regarding the one on Grafton Street. I'm hoping to get into the city on Tuesday and am really hoping it's not already closed. Anybody have any information? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I read somewhere that they are only keeping 4 stores open while the company has gone into administration and may reopen more viable outlets that are currently closed down. Grafton St, Blanchardstown, Dundrum and Sligo are the stores remaining open for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I was in last Friday and it seemed as if everything on the ground floor was discounted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

It's in receivership again...the guy who owns it is a UK businessman who bought the chain for 100k a few years back.

From what i understand he bought it as a bit of a pet project and to give his wife something to do by giving her a senior but undefined role in the business.

Staff had to fight tooth and nail to balance the books as he seemed not to give a damn about it and was actually paying for suplies but not wages...obviously those high up in the chain tried to prioritise wage payments and several senior staff got the bullet to be replaced by people on a far lower salary.

Very few if any of the outlets made a profit and there was talk of relocalating the whole thing to the UK but there are nearly 400 irish jobs on the line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

miamee wrote: »

not great news for tower records who just moved

• Advertisement
Advertisement