Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage Notification appointment

• 08-12-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi
    We have our notification appointment in the morning :eek::eek: and in true style I'm only now looking at the forms. And of course, theres a problem. I haven't got the hotel to fill in the appendix thingy to say they have the proper facilities to hold a civil ceremony. The appointment is at 9.30 so even though i'll be passing the door of the hotel I probably wont be able to get hold of the right person to sign that before I get to the appointment. The hotel is registered as an approved venue and the registrar has done a lot of weddings there before so do you think that really will be a deal breaker and i'll have to go down again? or will we be able to do the main stuff and I can email/post/bring the form down another time? Its just awkward getting to these appointment because we have to travel an hour to register in the county we're getting married in, plus OH works in Dublin so he has to get on the road asap ...

yes, I know, I should have looked at this before 8pm the night before!! eejit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

grainuaile wrote: »
    Hi
    I haven't got the hotel to fill in the appendix thingy to say they have the proper facilities to hold a civil ceremony.

We didn't have that form completed either. Registrar said to have it filled out and either scanned and emailed or posted to her. All depends on the person really!

I spent ages filling out the forms with both our details, and yet when we went into the appointment, she did it all for us online, we just had to give her the details and she typed them all in!

Congrats by the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭grainuaile

Oh phew, that sounds hopeful. The registrar sounded nice on the phone so hopefully she'll be in good form :) Yours wasn't Sligo by any chance ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

We didn't get anything signed by hotel, they just asked where we were getting married and they said that was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

grainuaile wrote: »
    Oh phew, that sounds hopeful. The registrar sounded nice on the phone so hopefully she'll be in good form :) Yours wasn't Sligo by any chance ?!

No was in Wexford, but same as, the registrar was very friendly, and helpful.
    Hope you got sorted anyway!

Advertisement