Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

Dunlop thermo plus here good warm boot with plenty support could not see me wearing any other boot now not badly priced at €100 euro either should do 2 years no bother

Have a pair of the same; only thing is it takes a bit of getting used to driving with them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

Suckler wrote: »
    Have a pair of the same; only thing is it takes a bit of getting used to driving with them on.
    Ill second that. i ended up pressing the brake and accelrater pedal everytime i came to a stop sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

I bought one of these max dry boot dryers last year. A great investment, easy to operate and the only thing to take the damp out of a wellington.maxxdry.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭huwboy

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Bekina Agrilite's. Seem nice so far, warm on the toe's anyway. No steel toe-cap. 50 euro. Nice "nib" at the back of the heel to help pulling them off your foot.
    Replacing a pair of Dunlop Purofort, had them 2 1/2 years, got a cut in one of them just at the ankle, or would still be wearing them.

Bought a pair of Hunter Classic's once, horrible boots. Freeze your feet off, and you'd break your neck in the parlour. Positively dangerous. Good enough for strutting around in at the local Show, though.

Never owned an expensive pair of boots, i know some lads who have a pair for the farm and a pair for best (like shows), but will stick to the one and wash them up if i need for best

huwboy wrote: »
    Never owned an expensive pair of boots, i know some lads who have a pair for the farm and a pair for best (like shows), but will stick to the one and wash them up if i need for best
    never heard of having a good pair of wellies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

When you get older your feet get fussier you also tend to need better support in the sole of the boot and find those extra hard soles hard to walk in.

Looked at wellington's today they are Baudou BSX's. bough them in a Dairygold store for 50 euro( 49.95) I think. Nice and wide at the top and rubber not too hard nice and flexible. Not over tight to take on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Martin1979

agriman27 wrote: »
    I like the purofort I think there called. Very light and last a long time

Ive had 3 pairs and had to return them all! rips and tore and the sole was weak in 1. But have a pair now and there lasting me a while now! dont know if ide chance buying another pair tho!
    :P

never heard of having a good pair of wellies :D

There's a few round here that do. i'm just running the one pair, and if they smell of slurry and silage then it tough luck!

There's a few round here that do. i'm just running the one pair, and if they smell of slurry and silage then it tough luck!
    Same as that

• Advertisement

When you get older your feet get fussier you also tend to need better support in the sole of the boot and find those extra hard soles hard to walk in.

Looked at wellington's today they are Baudou BSX's. bough them in a Dairygold store for 50 euro( 49.95) I think. Nice and wide at the top and rubber not too hard nice and flexible. Not over tight to take on and off.

yeah same with the noras, soft and flexible and mould to your feet

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lollipop19

I have to say I love my Muck boots. Always had frozen toes wearing wellies until I bought them. And super comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

lollipop19 wrote: »
    I have to say I love my Muck boots. Always had frozen toes wearing wellies until I bought them. And super comfy

Soles of some of these Muckboots are made from banana skins. A broken hand is a consequence here.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Dont be daft

jersey101 wrote: »
    The hunters are well known for spliting at the heal after a while

We've a wellie bin full of Dunlop's all split at the heal. Could never figure out why it was always the right one that was splitting.

Then finally put it together. It was the heal flexing constantly when your using the accelerator in the tractor. I always got a size slightly bigger so I could wear thick socks in the Winter and that meant there was even more flexing.

So a Summer boot and a Winter boot are worth it in my view.

Gonna second the Riggers. Great boot. Had a pair for years and one day I tripped when shuttering concrete and a piece of rebar sliced up the side of them. Would hate to think what it would have done to my calf if I was just wearing shoes.

Advertisement