Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone for berbs in Jan?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Talk of the gifted one being available in Jan. Despite him being an absolute cretin when he left us, I still have a soft spot for him and wouldn't mind seeing him bring his majestical touch to the shirt again. Showed today what he is still capable of .... when he's bothered. Offload Ade to someone in the CL desperate enough to take him on loan and free up some of the wages.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

He could be right up our street, we need a proven PL striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i would, he was unplayable today:cool:

proven class and we would have more options should the JD and Ade transfer rumours be true.. Id like Berba to apologise to the fans etc for the unprofessional way he acted leading up to his transfer to Manpoo..

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

If this could be done, it would be very good business soldado and berbatov, now that could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Would have him back, but I doubt Mr. Levy would.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Would have him back, but I doubt Mr. Levy would.

If Danny boy (and Franco baldini) thought he could contribute , say 10 goals between now and the end of the season they would jump at it once the price is right.
    Would probably depend on offloading adebeyors wages as berbatov is probably 100k a week.

Even though he behaved like a pri€k with the move to united, we all know what he can do, and he could be what we're missing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As fickle as it is, i'd quickly forgive him if he started knocking in goals for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

He'd be a super option instead of Ade, we are really missing a player that can link our play. Soldado is an improvement on Defoe in that regard but not by a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

12-18 months ago, I'd have jumped at the chance.
    Now, not so much.

He can be unbelievable good we he wants to be and he can be unbelievably bad when he cant be bothered.

Puts me in mind of a certain Mister Ade. So we wouldn't be gaining much if we got rid of one and replaced with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

In fairness, if Sir Alex can't get him to get the finger out on week in/week out then what hope has other managers.....
    I rate him as a player but his attitude is desperate....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ability, vision, creativity, killer pass, sexy. Makes the game look ridiculously easy. Oozes class. Fans would be singing his name immediately. Could make the difference cementing fourth spot, it's not like our strikers are on fire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Wouldn't touch em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Berbatov as a hard-working lone striker? Good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Berbatov pressing? Forget about it, he makes Adebayor look like a work horse..!

He might sign for them up the road though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch em

speaking of touches...
    http://vine.co/v/hQHp160WgFU

pure spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

He's 33 in January. He would be a great asset if he could be motivated. It is a hard one to answer. I would prefer if we took out the chequebook and bought Benteke. Berbatov would be a short term fix on a high wage with some question marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

(Some) People are only looking at his positive attributes. The thing with Berba is that he could go either way. Could be a bit like Ade in that he might have a good start with us but then a terrible next season, then again he could be great for us just as easy as he could be shíte for us.

Not worth the risk imo. We invested big in Soldado, lets actually stick with him for at least one season before we do something like bringing a player like Berba in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's a great finisher, but finishing isn't our problem at the moment. It's a supply problem. I've faith in Soldado that once the supply properly starts, he'll come good.

Kiith wrote: »
    He's a great finisher, but finishing isn't our problem at the moment. It's a supply problem. I've faith in Soldado that once the supply properly starts, he'll come good.

He's a lot more than a great finisher, actually I think its one of the weakest parts of his game. The big plus would be his link play, I think he would help create a lot of chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Well considering Soldado has been piss poor ye need someone to start scoring the goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I'd have him back in a flash. would be a great foil for Soldado.

As for comparing him with Ade that's laughable Ade wouldn't tie Berbs boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

What about Leandro Daimaio??? :confused:;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Due to sign on 12th of Never ;)

Available now for €2.5 mill apparently after a very poor season

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Well considering Soldado has been piss poor ye need someone to start scoring the goals!

You've obviously not watched much of Spurs. It's hard for a striker to score when he's not getting the ball. He's an in box poacher, thrives on crosses which were not coming. No way he'd have missed that sitter Defoe missed in Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Soldado would be similar to Lineker in that respect.

Agreed, Soldado is a much better striker than Defoe, we need to concentrate on creating chances for him.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Soldado would be similar to Lineker in that respect.

Exactly the same. Berbs would be a good upgrade on Defoe and could play well with Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Exactly the same. Berbs would be a good upgrade on Defoe and could play well with Soldado.

I'm beginning to believe. Lets get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You've obviously not watched much of Spurs. It's hard for a striker to score when he's not getting the ball. He's an in box poacher, thrives on crosses which were not coming. No way he'd have missed that sitter Defoe missed in Sat.

Last time I checked was over a month ago but Soldado had missed 4 clear cut chances thus far i.e. Sitters like Defoes. Not sure what it is now but probably not much higher. Any striker on their day can miss sitters.

Soldado is getting too much respect from Spurs fans I'm very shocked as usually we're the worst for getting on players backs for not performing. However, if he did have a frontman partnership he would certainly be a better striker than Defoe but whilst he's playing as a solo centre forward he ain't worth ****e and it's clearly evident so far this season. So unless someone like Eriksen returns from injury and starts playing like a number 10, Soldado might aswell be benched as he offers nothing without that partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

curraghyid wrote: »
    Available now for €2.5 mill apparently after a very poor season

Poor enough season but I highly doubt available for €2.5m unless his contract is almost up (or you're referring to football manager 2014 as I bought him for £3m on it the other day!).

Advertisement