Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone for berbs in Jan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

irishmover wrote: »
    Poor enough season but I highly doubt available for €2.5m unless his contract is almost up (or you're referring to football manager 2014 as I bought him for £3m on it the other day!).

:-) There are a couple of reports, talk sport have an article relating to the €2.5 and then there is another more realistic article stating his "third party owners" are now willing to sell if the €13 mill buyout clause is matched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Last time I checked was over a month ago but Soldado had missed 4 clear cut chances thus far i.e. Sitters like Defoes. Not sure what it is now but probably not much higher. Any striker on their day can miss sitters.

Soldado is getting too much respect from Spurs fans I'm very shocked as usually we're the worst for getting on players backs for not performing. However, if he did have a frontman partnership he would certainly be a better striker than Defoe but whilst he's playing as a solo centre forward he ain't worth ****e and it's clearly evident so far this season. So unless someone like Eriksen returns from injury and starts playing like a number 10, Soldado might aswell be benched as he offers nothing without that partnership.

Soldado has always played as a lone striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Soldado has plenty of practice playing the lone striker role.
    I think we are forgetting a certain mr avb wont play two strikers up top so the berbatov soldado partnership is out the window. What we need are two incredibly fast paced tricky wingers who can supply crosses into the box for a typical goal poacher (soldado) to thrive on...........................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

tom1ie wrote: »
    Soldado has plenty of practice playing the lone striker role.
    I think we are forgetting a certain mr avb wont play two strikers up top so the berbatov soldado partnership is out the window. What we need are two incredibly fast paced tricky wingers who can supply crosses into the box for a typical goal poacher (soldado) to thrive on...........................:rolleyes:

If I could thank this post a thousand times I would..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    If I could thank this post a thousand times I would..

Thanks x 1,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Soldado has always played as a lone striker.

So basically Soldado is **** yeh?

But seriously... I didn't know Eriksen was a striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

So basically Soldado is **** yeh?

Nope, he's just not being fed. He's in the top 10 strikers for the last 5 seasons which includes playing as a lone striker for Valencia for the last 3. With the formations we are playing with inverted wingers that cut inside we are not supplying him with the ball he needs. 59 goals in 3 seasons for Valencia says he's not shít

BaL-pzNIAAA2sjM.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Nope, he's just not being fed. He's in the top 10 strikers for the last 5 seasons which includes playing as a lone striker for Valencia for the last 3. With the formations we are playing with inverted wingers that cut inside we are not supplying him with the ball he needs. 59 goals in 3 seasons for Valencia says he's not shít

BaL-pzNIAAA2sjM.jpg:large

You must have missed the "But seriously" bit....!

He needs a Number 10 playing with him. Whether thats Eriksen playing a VDV type role or not is another question but he's not cutting it on his own. As I said, unless he has someone playing along with him who can offer that support its a waste of time having him on the field.

Advertisement