Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Air to water heating system??

• 08-12-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

Noticed most of the posts in relation to this a relatively old now, just wondering does anyone out there have any experience of recently purchased/installed systems.

seems with the price of oil only inevitably going up is it more viable now to be thinking of air to water??

Also with all the insulation required by the new specs, with only the option of putting the solar panels on either east or west sides of the roof, is it worth the investment???

Thanks for any thoughts!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

nudedragon wrote: »
    Hi all,

Noticed most of the posts in relation to this a relatively old now, just wondering does anyone out there have any experience of recently purchased/installed systems.

seems with the price of oil only inevitably going up is it more viable now to be thinking of air to water??

Also with all the insulation required by the new specs, with only the option of putting the solar panels on either east or west sides of the roof, is it worth the investment???

Thanks for any thoughts!!
    If your installing air to water you wont need solar panels as the air to water will give you the hot water requirement you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nudedragon

If your installing air to water you wont need solar panels as the air to water will give you the hot water requirement you need.

Hi Agusta,

ya, ure right there, just still stuck between going for the oil/stove(back boiler)/ solar panel option versus the air to water system.

The site is very open to the south west, they say to place the air to water unit where it can get sunlight but as this is going to be most unsheltered, im wondering is it viable as the wind is surely going to effect its efficiency?? i know it would be perfect, if working right to use it for my underfloor heating system,

there are a lot of horror stories out there of this system, i know one bad word undo's 10 good words, but seems to me this is a as yet very much unproven technology, in this country anyway.

thanks for your thoughts,

Hi Agusta,

ya, ure right there, just still stuck between going for the oil/stove(back boiler)/ solar panel option versus the air to water system.

The site is very open to the south west, they say to place the air to water unit where it can get sunlight but as this is going to be most unsheltered, im wondering is it viable as the wind is surely going to effect its efficiency?? i know it would be perfect, if working right to use it for my underfloor heating system,

there are a lot of horror stories out there of this system, i know one bad word undo's 10 good words, but seems to me this is a as yet very much unproven technology, in this country anyway.

,Yes ,it seems down my way its getting very popular on new builds.I dont know much about it myself.I know of a person who got it installed 3 years ago and they ended up fitting an oil boiler to help heat the hot water.The fault here was it was incorrectly installed.How ever my brother has built 3 houses this year with air to water systems.All have piping hot water,3 very happy home owners.The plumber uses one particular manufactures air to water system,one that is proven.He gets offers from different companies to use their system and which are abit cheaper.In my opinion you need a proven system and a plumber who is very well up on air to water system,There is alot of parameters to follow when fitting the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hi Agusta,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056600822&page=19

There is some info on running cost for hot water off both air to water & thermodynamic panel system on this thread. If you have underfloor heat, it should be ideal. We did one a few months back using thermodynamic panel for hot water and later the client came back looking for air to water heat pump for heating also. It's doing underfloor in the ground floor and 6 rads upstairs. They are delighted with it. May have some running costs in the coming weeks. All feed back for systems fitted is good so far. It seems to be the way to go.
    If designed correctly you can get your heating & hot water for a fraction of the running cost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement