Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Air question

• 08-12-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

So I got a brand new iPad Air this week that I am very happy with.
    Was planning on getting a screen guard put on it but noticed earlier that it already appears to have one.
    Anyone know if new iPads come with screen guard already in place?
    I bought the Air from the online Apple store.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

technocrat wrote: »
    So I got a brand new iPad Air this week that I am very happy with.
    Was planning on getting a screen guard put on it but noticed earlier that it already appears to have one.
    Anyone know if new iPads come with screen guard already in place?
    I bought the Air from the online Apple store.

That's likely to be the packaging, not a "real" screen guard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

3DataModem wrote: »
    That's likely to be the packaging, not a "real" screen guard

It's not the packaging I removed all that.
    Looking at the corners I can see a lip of what seems to be a screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Does the screen feel any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

I got an iPad air too but just comes with the usual layer if plastic over the screen that is part of the packaging. This should peal off.
    Don't understand why anyone would use a screen guard anyway. My air is replacing my 4 year old iPad 1 and it's screen is still perfect and I never used a case. A Screen guard is not going to be much protection for any impact hard enough that it would damage the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

With a decent case I don't see the need for a guard.

It's pretty scratch resistant and I think a guard would ruin the colours of the display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Armonline wrote: »
    I got an iPad air too but just comes with the usual layer if plastic over the screen that is part of the packaging. This should peal off.
    Don't understand why anyone would use a screen guard anyway. My air is replacing my 4 year old iPad 1 and it's screen is still perfect and I never used a case. A Screen guard is not going to be much protection for any impact hard enough that it would damage the screen.

Yea it's a plastic cover that peels off. Looks very much like a screen protector.
    Will be leaving it for now until my case arrives later in the week.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nope a screen protector would detract from the beauty of the product. Didn't come with one unless it was put there by someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Any pictures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You mean the tight plastic wrap around the screen? That's packaging. They do not come with a stuck on screen protector. Did you buy a refurbished one?

You don't need a screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

To be fair when I got my first iPad it felt like it had a screen protector on it even after the packaging was taken off including the plastic protector.

• Advertisement
Advertisement