Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what worked for me

Options
  • 09-12-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been reading the TTC forums for over 2 years now as me and my hubby have been trying since then. We got all the tests done and I went on clomid etc etc. Nothing worked.
    My friend suggested a visit to this woman in Enniscorthy, who was a mid-wife for over 25 years and now practices in Chinese medicine. I was very sceptical and genuinely not bothered. Anyhow long story short, I went to her for 5 months and have now finally received a positive pregnancy test :)
    I'm certainly not out of the woods in that I am only 6 weeks gone, so very worried I could lose it after trying so long, but so far all is good.
    Siobhan (the lady in enniscorthy) put me on herbs and did acupuncture while burning other weird and wacky herbs on my tummy. My periods regulated after 2-3 months and the blood became bright red instead of mostly brown(sorry for TMI).
    She made me also take green barley and spirulina capsules...something mental like 18 spirulina (3x6) and 15 green barley (3x5) EVERYDAY!!! (that's on top of herbs twice a day). It sounds a lot and it is a lot. I genuinely used to take them one day and forget the next and then finally I got serious and just dug in for one month and ...... would you believe it happened....
    The green barley help make your mucous alkaline so sperm can survive and swim and spirulina help with your periods to build up a strong wall on your womb.
    I don't know if this will help anyone, but it worked for me after seriously trying every month for 2 years. Oh and also my hubby was on herbs cos he is always warm and sweaty and it cooled him down a lot so his sperm could survive longer. He also took a spoon of eskimo oil each morning.
    Anyhow, that's it from me...just wanted to share my story in the hope that it could possibly help someone else... anything is worth a try when your trying to conceive.
    Best of luck ladies xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Delighted you have your pregnancy. Congratulations.

Herbal supplements are completely unregulated, and DNA testing has found they sometimes don't contain what they claim.
    Just to be careful for nut allergy sufferers etc (as they sub in nut products without labelling).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/science/herbal-supplements-are-often-not-what-they-seem.html?ref=science&_r=2&

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Scaredycat congratulations on your news! :-)

We are also taking spirulina. Yuck!

I think the theory about making your cm more alkaline sounds like a good one. The diet I'm currently following is also geared towards making my body more alkaline.

I have to say it's really great to hear of someone trying for years conceiveing naturally i.e. without hormones and IVF etc. It's a rare thing to hear of it on this forum so thanks for sharing, it's great to know there are alternatives to hormones and expensive invasive procedures.

Good luck with the pregnancy, hope it goes the distance xx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi scardycat,
    Massive congrats on your news
    I wondered if you could let me know who this lady is in enniscorthy?
    I've been going down the route of follicle stimulation injections and have now decided i want to take natural route. If I'm ever sick or anything I always would avoid taking tablets of any kind and supplement as best i can but this TTC business does crazy things to me! Anyway, I was hoping maybe to TTC naturally with help. Reflexology has brought on AF before as has agnus castus but I would like to see someone to see if I'm on the right track with correct balance of herbs/supplements and treatments!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scaredycat

Muffin06 wrote: »
    Hi scardycat,
    Massive congrats on your news
    I wondered if you could let me know who this lady is in enniscorthy?
    I've been going down the route of follicle stimulation injections and have now decided i want to take natural route. If I'm ever sick or anything I always would avoid taking tablets of any kind and supplement as best i can but this TTC business does crazy things to me! Anyway, I was hoping maybe to TTC naturally with help. Reflexology has brought on AF before as has agnus castus but I would like to see someone to see if I'm on the right track with correct balance of herbs/supplements and treatments!

Hi, sorry for delay, I hadn't logged on to check any replies
    the lady who helped me is siobhan kehoe, 0539236663
    She was a mid wife for 25 years and even though she practices Chinese medicine, the doctors in weX all recommend her due to the high number of success stories
    she is roughly 60e a visit, but depending on her diagnosis she may give you herbs to drink, which are rotten I must add and they can be expensive. They Def worked for us though as my periods changed rapidly and my husband stopped sweating
    anyhow, I really hope she helps you
    Let me know how you get on if you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scaredycat

scaredycat wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for delay, I hadn't logged on to check any replies
    the lady who helped me is siobhan kehoe, 0539236663
    She was a mid wife for 25 years and even though she practices Chinese medicine, the doctors in weX all recommend her due to the high number of success stories
    she is roughly 60e a visit, but depending on her diagnosis she may give you herbs to drink, which are rotten I must add and they can be expensive. They Def worked for us though as my periods changed rapidly and my husband stopped sweating
    anyhow, I really hope she helps you
    Let me know how you get on if you go.

Oh and just to let you know, that number is a medical centre but they will book you in to see siobhan
    good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement