Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making friends in wexford

Options
  • 09-12-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys ive recently moved to Wexford and I'm struggling to make friends. I've tried all the normal things like the gym etc, I'm no good at music arts or drama. Any ideas on stuff I could do to make friends would be very much appreciated :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85296769

Going by the link above, you aren't the only one,moving to a new place can be hard,The gym isn't really ideal as most there are so wrapped up in their workouts that they ignore anyone around them.
    This time of year even hitting the pub can be a good way to meet new friends as everyone is a bit more friendly than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

cat1701 wrote: »
    Hi guys ive recently moved to Wexford and I'm struggling to make friends. I've tried all the normal things like the gym etc, I'm no good at music arts or drama. Any ideas on stuff I could do to make friends would be very much appreciated :-)

There are a good few "blow-ins" knocking around, so there are plenty of people in the same boat as you.
    Wexford has a good spread of clubs, photography, sailing, foreign films, chess, triathlon, if your sporty at all, the tri club seem to be a nice bunch.
    if you have any questions just through them up here and I'll see if I can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cat1701

Thanks guys you have given me loads of great ideas. Will look in to clubs etc.

Thanks again

Advertisement