Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a PS3 . Some quick questions

Options
  • 09-12-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Finally got a PS3, only because the PS4 was released and the price came down a little, always had an xbox but no reason to buy the PS3 aside from exclusives. Living abroad now I had no console....so went for the PS3.

I got one with the 3 uncharted games, The last of Us and GTA5.

With regards to the Uncharted series....do these need to be played in order ? Is 1 a slog compared to 2 and 3 ?

Also, with regards to playstation plus...is it worth signing up for or subscribing to ?

Finally, are there any other 'Must-Buy' PS3 exclusives.
    If they were released on PC or 360 I most likely have them....it's just exclusive titles that I never got to play being my reason for buying the PS3.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hi all.

Finally got a PS3, only because the PS4 was released and the price came down a little, always had an xbox but no reason to buy the PS3 aside from exclusives. Living abroad now I had no console....so went for the PS3.

I got one with the 3 uncharted games, The last of Us and GTA5.

With regards to the Uncharted series....do these need to be played in order ? Is 1 a slog compared to 2 and 3 ?

Also, with regards to playstation plus...is it worth signing up for or subscribing to ?

Finally, are there any other 'Must-Buy' PS3 exclusives.
    If they were released on PC or 360 I most likely have them....it's just exclusive titles that I never got to play being my reason for buying the PS3.

Cheers :)

Definitely play the Uncharted games in order. The gameplay definitely improves from game to game and the gameplay in U1 is kinda flawed, but it'll be much harder to play if you play the others first, and U1 sets up the main characters really well, so you'll miss out in terms of story if you jump into U2 first.

As for other exclusives, there's not too many to be honest. The Infamous games are pretty good, particularly the second. God of War 3 is great, and the first two were released as a HD collection if you haven't played them either. Heavy Rain is interesting. Not the greatest game by any stretch, but definitely an interesting experience if you can pick it up cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I've only recently gotten a PS3 too. Apparently, Killzone is worth a look. The already mentioned Heavy Rain is supposed to be great.
    As for PS+. Do it! Some great value to be had. Remember Me and Saints Row III are the games that stood out for me so far. Haven't had much playing time though...

Journey is another that I keep meaning to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Playstation + is a must buy.
    The uncharted games are all well worth playing. One is a great game and 2 if anything is an improvement.
    Always liked the Resistance series. Not to everyone's taste but it's a solid FPS imo.
    Hated Killzone 2 but started playing it again reently and it's not too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PS+ is a must have imo.

Demon's Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Resistance 1,2 and 3. The first games graphics are poor but it's worth it still.

Killzone 2 and 3. I prefer 2 but the controls in 3 are better and slicker. ALthough you can jus tpick a diff layout for 2.

God of war 3 is a must and then get ascension if you really liked 3.

Uncharted 1-3 and you have them.

The 2 infamous games are sweet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 if you like that series.

You can get spyro 1-3 or crash bandicoot 1-3 from the psn store. Been loving them lately.

Littlebigplanet 1/2 but it might not be your type.

Heavy rain is unique and i loved it.

Ratchet and clank: tools of destruction / a crack in time / nexus all worth a god if you love platformers.

motorstorm 1/2/3 if you love off road racers. the 3rd was too arcadey for me though.

Gran Turismo 6 just released if you love racing sims. GT5 is also out a few years.

Demon's Souls 1/2 is epic if you like JRPG's.

Echochrome / flower / journey / folklore / Siren / starhawk / Ni No Kuni / Valkyria Chronicles! are all nice psn games.

The Last of US is my game of the generation and a must buy. Made by the uncharted crew.

beyond: two souls made by the heavy rain crew is very good but unique.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

MGS HD collection

That's all I can think of. I'm sure there are a few more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement