Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would a capture card work on this pc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

The hardrrive is on the small side for a desktop - it would work but there are better.
    Depends on what resolution and quality you are capturing - bigger is better but at really high resolutions you might even need a faster drive to avoid glitches in the recording.

Editing the captured video - would be better using a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated graphics card in this pc.

I've tried a few capture cards in the past to capture from old home movies
    USB and installed cards. To go from old Video Tape to pc - but I never got one that did a perfect capture. Always slightly too bright so the details were lost. Be interested if you find a good one.

You asked about minecraft too - again - will work - but the better the graphics card is the smoother it will run. I had it working on a old 2005 Dell laptop well because it had a decent nvidia graphics card.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brando.curto

Thanks for your help I will be using a roxio gamecapture card it records in 720 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks for your help I will be using a roxio gamecapture card it records in 720 ?

min specs here say you will be fine: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/

says 480 or 1080 are the only options though?

But for recording gaming - would a laptop not be better - more portable to have beside the tv?

“Roll it back”

Advertisement