Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it worth complain to Tesco ??

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

go a free mag with paper today and had an offer for a Samsung 8"tab for 179 so went to dundrum to by one tonight only to be told they cant find supervisor or manager to open the store where there locked, so was told to come back tomorrow told they I cant offer ends tonight so need to get it now,so young girl asked if I could come back in 15 -20 mins and see if she can get a supervisor or manager so I said yes no worries, came back 20mins later and found a supervisor he said I will have to go find the keys so 15 mins later he comes back with keys trys to open up where the tablets are keep and said sorry cant find the keys can I come back tomorrow (what a joke ) so I said if I come back tomorrow can I still get the tablet at offer price as iam here now to buy it and you cant get one for me only to be told no I would have to pay full price :( so is it worth complain to Tesco ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds madness, but what time at night was it, after 10 pm? Still though, at most you'd could expect a 10min wait as it was late at night, not told to go away!

Def make a complaint, absolute least they could do is honour the offer.

https://www.tescocomments.com

customer.services@tesco.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

https://www.facebook.com/TescoIreland

Make a post to the above also!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I have complained couple of times via https://www.tescocomments.com and always received a prompt reply and some kind of compensation aswell (usually Tesco Moneycard).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

have to say the hold lot is a joke,
    called tesco customer care to day over this matter and have to say they where helpful and called the store to get a on hold
    and was told they will keep the last one for me i said great took 2 hours of work to go get it, and was i pee'd off big time yes
    in the tesco offers booklet on page 10 it says samsung galaxy tablet III 8" with 8gb for 179 euros when i get to the store i was handed a 7" samsung galaxy tablet III the told it will cost 179 euros.
    i said no i wont the one in the booklet 8" samsung galaxy tablet for 179 and was told by security we dont have them none came in this week we just have the demo one in the shop i asked if i can have that one
    and was told no i then asked why the security said its not for sale, what a joke this hold thing is,

(1) in booklet page 10 a 8" samsung tablet on sale at 179 euros
    (2) tesco customer care gets onto store and gets one put on hold
    (3) handed a 7"samsung tablet for the same price as the 8" and told we dont have any other ones
    (4) security said we did not have any in the first place and would not sell me the demo one

Tell them to order the 8 inch, or locate it and get it held in another store for you.

Get back on to customer service and get them to keep the complaint open.

• Advertisement

While inexcusable, is it that the 8" ones don't exist and actually it was meant to be a 7" all along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

or go buy it elsewhere that gives you proper customer service.

Imagine the hassle you will get if you need to get it repaired - I'd rather pay a few quid more and be sure of good service.

sandin wrote: »
    or go buy it elsewhere that gives you proper customer service.

Imagine the hassle you will get if you need to get it repaired - I'd rather pay a few quid more and be sure of good service.

To be honest Tesco are normally pretty decent when it comes to returns (the benefits of not having a clue what you're selling), most places that sell electronics are going to pull the ol' you only get a year stunt, so you normally end up using the small claims procedure.

Sounds like a badly run store is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bepolite wrote: »
    While inexcusable, is it that the 8" ones don't exist and actually it was meant to be a 7" all along?

There is an 8" one aswell, but its 269 or so everywhere else. The 7" is 179 or 169 everywhere. It's possible the leaflet should say 7".

reply from them

I'm awfully sorry to learn of the added problems you've had trying to obtain the correct tablet that was on offer. I can appreciate how annoyed you are.

I'm afraid that all of our offers are subject to availability, we can't guarantee that, because something is on offer, there will be ample stock although this would be useful, I know.

Although there is little I can say to alleviate the frustration and disappointment caused, I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies.

Kind regards
    Leah - Customer Care

• Advertisement

my reply to them

1) I'm afraid that all of our offers are subject to availability

(A) this tablet was never on offer at this price in any of your stores found that out from member of staff today

(2) dundrum store was one of the stores that had this offer on

(A) security staff said they did not take in any 8" tablets all week just the item on display

(3) ample stock i tryed ,stillorgan, mount merron, bray,ballybrack and dundrum Town Centre.

i would like to know what store had this 8" tablet for the price of 179euros

Once customer services have the barcode, they can check every store in Southern Ireland and call the store for you. Also stores can check when another is due.

I do think the 8" were in stores but flew out at that price and never came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

my reply to them

(A) this tablet was never on offer at this price in any of your stores found that out from member of staff today

(A) security staff said they did not take in any 8" tablets all week just the item on display

(3) ample stock i tryed ,stillorgan, mount merron, bray,ballybrack and dundrum Town Centre.

How would a member of staff know that NO shops stocked that item and how would a member of security know what stock was delivered that week.

my reply to them

---End Quote---
    How would a member of staff know that NO shops stocked that item and how would a member of security know what stock was delivered that week."

You won't get any more new post notifications until you visit the forum

if you can read my post again I have been to ,stillorgan, mount merron, bray ,ballybrack , dundrum Town Centre and dun-laoghaire and all staff here said it was never here at that price. they also have pcs this also could not find any.

it is up to member of security and manger to take delivery of the of any high priced items and lock them away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭vandriver

If you look at your attached leaflet,its quite clear that the descriptions of the 7 inch and 8 inch have inadvertently got switched,and the 8 inch should be €239.

this is also not true as this is the one foe 179

vandriver wrote: »
    If you look at your attached leaflet,its quite clear that the descriptions of the 7 inch and 8 inch have inadvertently got switched,and the 8 inch should be €239.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the above, it still doesn't excuse the incompetence. All it would have taken was an apology and explanation. I'm actually wondering if not being able to find a manager was deliberate, perhaps I'm getting cynical in my old age.

Have you posted on Tesco's facebook page yet? Do they have twitter, Social media is great for complaints.

I should have been clearer,if you switch the 7 and 8 on the two Galaxy tabs,then you have a 7 inch 8gb for €179(which you have a receipt for),and a 16 GB 8 inch for €239.
    This looks to me like a simple proof reading error,nothing more.

Amazon is €235 for the 8 inch .

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

You should try Joe Duffy

• Advertisement

if this is the case and tesco knows about it

1 why is there notice put in stores to say there was a mistake ????

2 why did supervisor or manager not tell me this in store ????

3 why was i asked to come back next day ????

4 why did customer care not tell me this and try to find me one ???

5 this offer valid 2th-8th of december (6 days ) and in that 6 days do you think no one was looking or asking about this offer????

6 it was on day 8 when i went to stores listed above and not one person said it was a mistake ????

7 still upto today customer care has not said this is a mistake ????

8 Thanks for getting back to us. I wouldn't be able to advise any further than my colleague.
    I can however try to find the tablet for you.
    Can you please advise exactly which tablet it is here? http://bit.ly/1f3mWVh# Can you provide me with the link?

Seems like they dealt with it by just not stocking the 8 inch for the duration of the promotion!

They were in stock 2 Weeks ago, no idea when they sold out.

I presume security check off the delivery.

Advertisement