Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - PS4 upgrade

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question, if I were to buy a PS3 version of BF4 this week and then upgrade next week or so to the PS4 version, do I only need to pay €9.99 for digital download?

Considering the PS3 version is more than €10 cheaper than the PS4 version I get the distinct feeling i'm missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Quick question, if I were to buy a PS3 version of BF4 this week and then upgrade next week or so to the PS4 version, do I only need to pay €9.99 for digital download?

Considering the PS3 version is more than €10 cheaper than the PS4 version I get the distinct feeling i'm missing something?

Yes its only 9.99 , its a 36gb download so you would need decent internet , took me 48hrs to download on 3meg browdband , so if uou have slow broadband your better off buying the ps4 disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

you also need the ps3 disc inside the ps4 for the game to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

120MB broadband and no issue with keeping the game in the drive... happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

But then its gonna cost you the same either way? :confused:

Soby wrote: »
    But then its gonna cost you the same either way? :confused:

It won't. It's €35 in Argos, & 10 and it's 45. 20 less than buying the PS4 version.

• Advertisement

Gamestop said that was a limited offer and that games sold now won't have the code. Seems a bit unusual to limit the offer to a week or two given the PS4 stock shortages. Anyone know if that's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Gamestop said that was a limited offer and that games sold now won't have the code. Seems a bit unusual to limit the offer to a week or two given the PS4 stock shortages. Anyone know if that's true?

Look on the box it will have a sticker saying it contains the code. It was only indended to allow people to play while waiting on the ps4 so not unusual that they are scare now the ps4 is out.

Gamestop will upgrade you but for 15 euro so take what they say with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you do it in Gamestop though do you get the actual disc version rather than a code.

Advertisement