Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Disc Drive Broken

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A bit OTT. I am sure the grass is much greener in Sony support lol

Anyone I know that has had issues with Xbox One such as disc drives and controller were all sorted. I wouldn't expect Microsoft to win support awards but I wouldn't switch console expecting some utopian experience with Sony support.

Many of us boards users have had good and bad experienced with MS support.

The key thing is if you have a bad experience is to leverage it. Be very polite and speak about your disappointment with their service and say you are giving them a chance to redeem themselves and then see what they have to offer.

If you think doing a standard exchange of a console and waiting 10 working days for a console if you ain't got 500 quid on your credit card to go with the 3-5 day "advanced exchange" option is great service, then that's fair enough....

Grass ain't all that greener in Sony-land, having dealt with them myself with 2 dodgy PS4 controllers, hold time was far longer than Xbox, but they did what I needed, and replaced both straight away with retailer, no sending off controllers at my expense....

As I said in the post above, the outsourced call centre you ring with MS can't do much, if anything - your best bet is contact the Reading office with a registered letter for any form of compensation, as T3 in the US can only do so much, and via email they don't tend to listen or respond in most cases and leave the poor fecker who you get on the phone next to take the hit....

Advertisement