Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central heating by solar

Options
  • 09-12-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Has anyone ever used or come across a company called <snip> who are offering central heating systems by solar panels?

Looks interesting but would it work in our climate

can we discuss the idea/ system without advertising a company. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

there is not enough energy in the winter sun to heat a house - even a super efficient insulated or even passive house needs additional heat source

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

How much of the work would solar do though? It is an area I am extremely interested in

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

How much of the work would solar do though? It is an area I am extremely interested in

Give us the numbers? How many kWh/m2 will be required over x m2 area?

From my own research Some time ago I found it to be impractical and costly compared to other renewable options.

(And you know the system the op is on about is a glorified heat pump & should not classified under solar systems at all)

Advertisement