Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5\3\1 a log from the beginning

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.
    I am going to embark on the 5 3 1 program over the coming months and would like to log it here as a means of motivation and hopefully gain some useful information from the lads here with alot more experience than me.
    A quick history of me:
    31 yr old, 90kgs on the nose standing 6ft.
    Former average GAA footballer and for the past 12 months i have dabbled in weight lifting. By that i mean, going to the gym 4 times a week but with no real structured plan. Have been working off basic fitness magazine split routines and have made some gains, but nothing worth talking about.
    5 3 1 as you all know is simple in the amount of movements, but i think it should suit what im aiming for.
    Feel free to ask any questions of me and ill do my best to answer them.
    I hope to post some vids of my form and maybe you guys can help me along.
    At the moment these are my 1RMs.
    Squat 130kgs.
    Deadlift 140kgs
    Bench press 80kgs
    OHP 70kgs
    If this is not the place to post logs, i am sorry, i can repost elsewhere.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Try the log section...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

As said log section. Also surely with those numbers you cans till make quicker progression than monthly? Maybe not daily but you probably have a chunk of weekly progressions left in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Apologies i had not seen the log section, and have now moved this....

Advertisement