Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stroller / buggy for 2 1/2 year old

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a new stroller for my nearly 3 year old. The dimples one we have is getting a bit uncomfortable for her legs, and if I need to put the foot muff on over bad weather shell have less room.

Can you recommend any that you've used for older children? If she's anything like her sister, she'll be using it for another 18 months or so during school runs.

(I used a double buggy with the older girl so won't be using that one again).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Most people seem to use mcclarrens up to 4, not sure about getting a foot muff on it though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The baby jogger or petit Zia would be good for that size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we got a baby jogger just after they came out. they are great. fold up with one hand using a strap situated across the seat.
    useful when youveva baby in the other hand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Which baby jogger did you go for?

got the city mini. you literally grab a strap and pull it up and it folds in half.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thank you OP.. now I don't feel so ashamed about putting my nearly 3 y/o in a buggy :D

I walk him as much as I can but busy shopping centres and cities are just not practical for their little legs.. not to mention the risk of losing them in the crowds.

Thank God I'm not the only one :p

xzanti wrote: »
    Thank you OP.. now I don't feel so ashamed about putting my nearly 3 y/o in a buggy :D

I walk him as much as I can but busy shopping centres and cities are just not practical for their little legs.. not to mention the risk of losing them in the crowds.

Thank God I'm not the only one :p

You are .the only one :)
    My 3 year old walks everywhere and we decided to skip the buggy bit for our 3 day old. He's starting school next week ( a midwife joke..came in at 10lb 10 1/2)
    Though seriously, our 3 yo is almost 4 feet tall (seriously) so walking isnt a problem for him...that is of course until he gets tired and wants to be carried (18 kgs). He's a killer on the shoulders after a while:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My nearly 3 year old is tiny and I could not survive having her out for a long time with out the buggy, She is slow and gets distracted by everything!!
    4 ft is the size of an 8 year old,that is extremely tall!! I have a very tall 4 year old but she is only about 110 cm ( 3 1/2 feet) and also weighs 18kg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Well whatever others do to suit them is all well and good. I don't have a half hour in the morning to walk an otherwise 10 minute route to school for my other child. We do walk back so I know exactly how much time it takes.

Plus my girl still naps and again - we have to go out to suit the rest of the family / obligations during that time so a bigger buggy is definitely needed.

There are some great suggestions here - thanks to those who offered them. Did you buy online or in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I still use a buggy for O and he is 3 in jan. He walks when it suits him otherwise he wants to be carried. Also it's not practical at 3 as he wouldn't be able to walk for long or quickly.

We use a mclaren quest and find it great. We have a foot muff for it although it's a bit of a squeeze getting the straps around him when we have the muff on too.

• Advertisement

Take a look on adverts.ie, I got a barely used Petit Zia for 50 euro,it looked brand new.

Advertisement