Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies Marquee Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Yes!! Thanks OP. The Olympia show was amazing, my only regret was that i didn't go both nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Given that the Marquee tickets are usually expensive, it may represent better value to head to Marlay Park and see the Pixies support Arcade Fire on 29th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Given that the Marquee tickets are usually expensive, it may represent better value to head to Marlay Park and see the Pixies support Elbow on 29th June.

You mean support Arcade Fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

You mean support Arcade Fire?

My mistake. Yes, Arcade Fire!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Does anyone know if there will be a presale for the marquee gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hoping this doesn't sell out. I can see that with them supporting Arcade Fire in Dublin, and Cork being more awkward to get to that I hopefully won't have to rush to get tickets. Live 5 minute walk away, actually unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

When are tickets on sale for this? I'll defo go to Marley Park, will try and fit this in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Friday I think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Endless Nameless

Got my tickets this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Given that the Marquee tickets are usually expensive, it may represent better value to head to Marlay Park and see the Pixies support Arcade Fire on 29th June.
    if you're a pixies fan and think arcade fire are ****e than maybe cork would be better...seeing that pixies won't have the full power of the PA and lights in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Anyone know if this has sold out? It seems to have disappeared off ticketmaster

Oh nooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

It's appeared back on ticketmaster now

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

excellent, thanks bought my tickets now just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wile.E.Coyote

Probably way to late,but anyone know where i can get two tickets for the pixies at the marquee in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Did this sell out.

I wish Ticketmaster would be a bit clear on the page but it does look sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Sorry for dragging up this relatively old thread, but if one wanted to head for a few drinks after the gig, somewhere with a similar music vibe, where would one venture? I figure being a Monday night there aren't many options?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RevRun

preachers in Washington street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Preachers is good. The Crane Lane on Phoenix street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Preachers is good. The Crane Lane on Phoenix street too.

yep, as a Monday night I was also going to suggest Crane Lane.

• Advertisement

Crane Lane looks like a plan so. Might try Preachers for a warm up. A rare night out so looking forward to it. Thx all.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

looking forward to this - will be interesting to see how many of the old faves get bumped for the new stuff

padders67 wrote: »
    looking forward to this - will be interesting to
    see how many of the old faves get bumped for the new stuff

Got the new one yesterday... Great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

I can't even see this on Ticketmaster anymore, anyone know what the story is?

Ticketmaster aren't actually being efficient and removing sold out shows are they?

brannid3 wrote: »
    I can't even see this on Ticketmaster anymore, anyone know what the story is?

Ticketmaster aren't actually being efficient and removing sold out shows are they?

I can see it and tickets are still available. But if you need tickets I have a couple of standing tickets, as due to personal circumstance I cannot now make it unfortunately. Will let them go for a good price if you are interested. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

skD13 wrote: »
    I can see it and tickets are still available. But if you need tickets I have a couple of standing tickets, as due to personal circumstance I cannot now make it unfortunately. Will let them go for a good price if you are interested. PM me.

Thanks for the reply and the offer, I actually got mine and trying to coax a friend into going, will pass the message along though!

brannid3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply and the offer, I actually got mine and trying to coax a friend into going, will pass the message along though!

Please do. Will sell them at a significant reduction to a genuine fan and I'll SwiftPost them to you. Disappointed we can't make it but as some consolation, a mate it taking me along to the Arcade Fire gig Sunday so at least I'll see them in support.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Meursault

HI All,

I have two spare tickets that a friend is looking to sell on also. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Face value or best offer will do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

Got the new one yesterday... Great so far

yeah been listening to it all night - different but good different .

they played 31 songs in Istanbul - Black was never one for the oul chit chat between songs in fairness !

• Advertisement

same in the Olympia last year, 3 pages of setlist....relentless from start to finish and barely a word spoken!!

the way a gig should be!!

Advertisement