Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixies Marquee Cork

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What were the vocals like for people at the gig ?
    I was up near the front and I couldnt hear the vocals at all for the first few songs ,it slightly improved after that but it was still very low ,the worst I have ever heard it in the Marquee and I'm usually in a similar spot where the sound has been excellent in the last few gigs.

I suspect the guitar amps on stage were drowning out the vocals but people further back would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Zardoz wrote: »
    What were the vocals like for people at the gig ?
    I was up near the front and I couldnt hear the vocals at all for the first few songs ,it slightly improved after that but it was still very low ,the worst I have ever heard it in the Marquee and I'm usually in a similar spot where the sound has been excellent in the last few gigs.

I suspect the guitar amps on stage were drowning out the vocals but people further back would be ok.

Everything was crystal... You were listening to the backline mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Everything was crystal... You were listening to the backline mainly

Cheers,that's what I guessed .

An encore wouldn't have gone astray! No "Gigantic" for example. As always Frank Blank didn't even say hi to the crowd. How hard is that? Great band but no excuse for some of the stuff they do or don't do....
    have a look at the set list there...and pick a song or two to drop ...so frank can talk ****e between songs.....and drop another song so they can walk off stage at 10.15 and then come back on at 10.18 and pretend they are doing so because we called them back on...

why not just keep playing??? I didn't pay all that money for a band to say hi

Saw slayer last night....the pixies and slayer are identical in their delivery. No bullsh1t just lash the tunes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

Also Black Francis is 50. And he puts his voice through the wringer every gig, so it's amazing the voice is still as strong as ever. Damn that was a brilliant gig.

• Advertisement

holy sh1t check out the crowd during "hey"

Advertisement