Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for home brew enthusiast..

Options
  • 09-12-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all.

This may be an impossible task, but if anyone knows, I hope you are the people to ask...

We're doing a secret santa at work, and the guy I got is into home brewing, and I'd like to try and get him something along that lines if the budget allows. This might be the tricky bit.. the budget we are told to work with is €15 (I'm happy to extend that a small bit if needs be). Keeping in mind he's at it for a while, so I'm sure he has all the basic kit, is there anything I could get for that kind of money? Maybe an unusual ingredient (not even going to embarrass myself by naming the very few bits I know from talking to him about it), or a book that every beginner wouldn't have?

Or maybe its a no-go with that budget, but any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

This is new, and quite cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well prob the best you can do is get him gift vouchers for homebrewwest.ie
    www.homebrewwest.ie they come in €1 just get as many as you want most Home brewers in ireland get their stuff from there or www.thehomebrewcompany.ie there is an array of vouchers you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TopCat01

Thanks guys, those are both good ideas, so much appreciated. I'm leaning toward the book, given that its so new, I don't think he'll have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

TopCat01 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, those are both good ideas, so much appreciated. I'm leaning toward the book, given that its so new, I don't think he'll have it.

A good book is joy of homebrewing by charles papizan . Im sure he would appreciate it ,the book depository have it cheap

Advertisement