Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late opening hairdresser

• 09-12-2013 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a late opening hairdresser on a Monday for a colour? Prob not. Sorry if this is posted in wrong area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

I know one, turn left at the traffic lights and she's on the right. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Okay scary,whereabouts are you located first of all..

Then we can work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Hi hotbabe

I decided to try dying it myself and it's waaaaay too dark, I'm naturally red but now I'm like dark brown, disaster! I'm in the blanch area but working in dundrum. Toni and guy are open till 9 tomorrow so il have to see can they do anything with it. But I've never got a colour there before so they will prob need to do a patch test ! Such a disaster , I should have left it alone :(

That sounds awful,you are a natural redhead you should be proud of that,they are a rare species those redheads i think red hair looks super sexy!!!

Were you going for the brunette look? Im in the munster region so i dont know of any really good dublin hairdressers that are open late.

Did you try googling hairdressers in the area,and late openings?

It could work..

Ive been to tony & guy when they were in limerick - they were actually very good with dyes and stuff.

Im sure you could also do with a good conditioning treatment after they fixed your hair.

Ask how much they do conditioning treatments for - i used to get them done when i nearly dyed the head off my hair with a home peroxide kit..

I know now not to mess around too much with peroxides and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is it a semi colour? You could try washing it with head and shoulders. It always lifts the colour out of my hair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I have this problem, most at home kits leave it far too dark for at least two weeks for me. I'd recommend head and shoulders too and maybe colour b4?
    I've had my hair sturipped twice in a hairdresser ( second time their fault) and it's really damaging so is be wary if I were you.

If it's not too dark maybe just shampoo it out?

BTW so far olia is the only at home hair dye that actually makes my hair red rather then brown, feria nice and easy etc all come out brown on me :(

It's a permanent colour. I liked my red hair but started dying it as I started to get grey hair! I wasn't going for the brunette look at all, I just wanted it lighten it a bit but it turned out the opposite. Hopefully the hairdresser will fix it as with my dark hair I look sooo pale :( I don't think they will colour it for me but they might strip the colour out. Will see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Scary, definitely start washing your hair with head and shoulders to start lifting out the colour. Stripping would be super harsh on your hair so lift as much as you can before you go get it done. Someone else mentioned colour b4, you could try that after you wash it and wash it and wash it.

If you do strip it, your hair could be in super bad condition afterwards so make sure you ask for lots of tips on how to
    Nourish ur hair afterwards

I agree stripping can do more damage than good,think about if your hair could really take all that abuse?

It could be dry and split or like me and the peroxide - literally ribs/chunks of my hair was coming out and my scalp was in horrendous condition.

Think about this carefully dont do anything rash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Try colour b4 extra strength! It stinks and the process takes about 90 minutes from start to finish but it's worth it. I'm a fellow redhead and had some permanent black panels in my hair and it lifted it back to auburn, maybe 2 or 3 shades darker than my natural colour (but it blends really well with my natural colour). You can get it in boots or superdrug but make sure you get the extra strength one or you're wasting your time.

Hair disasters suck but don't worry, it'll be fine :)

EDIT: Also it doesn't damage your hair like stripping and you're safe to recolour straight away if you need.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice guys. Went to toni and guy and they wouldn't do anything, they advised me to buy redkin clarifying shampoo which I did. I asked peter mark and they were so nice and helpful in there. She removed some of the colour, I can't rem the name of the treatment but it doesn't contain any bleach. It actually made my hair shiny. So after that treatment it went about 3 to 4 shades lighter and il continue to use the shampoo. Top marks for peter mark :)

Advertisement