Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humbert Challenge gone

Options
  • 09-12-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

They have moved it back to an Olympic distance - a big pity as it was a class race. Probably one of these going was now inevitable with Shadowman selected for the following week, we have loads of HIMs these days 8 in total :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Ah no!! That is so disappointing.

(Dodged a bullet there CW!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

ah sh*te...was hoping to have a crack at it in the next year or 2 , olympic will still be a big challenge for me , pity ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Do you know why it changed to an Olympic? Given it's reputation I'd be amazed if the other events on the calendar forced the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

AKW wrote: »
    Ah no!! That is so disappointing.

(Dodged a bullet there CW!)

I will be waiting for you at The Lost Sheep instead!
    pgibbo wrote: »
    Do you know why it changed to an Olympic? Given it's reputation I'd be amazed if the other events on the calendar forced the move.

No idea - they had an AGM about it last week and made the decision then, perhaps some of the Mayo lads would know more about the reasoning.

I saw it here myself

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Humbert-Challenge/333705858772

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well the good news about 2014 season just keeps coming

main aims were kilkee and lost sheep, but with the recent fiasco over HOTW entries, and likely huge demand for LS it being the NC as well, i had Humbert in the back of my mind as the backup race. back to the drawing board it would seem, may give shadowman a look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Great race and sad to hear it, i was really looking forward to it. I won't be traveling to Mayo for an olympic distance:(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

That's really disappointing, did it this year and didn't go great so was planning on going back to give it a better go next year. Thought it was a great event and others i talk to thought the same :-(

mossym wrote: »
    well the good news about 2014 season just keeps coming

main aims were kilkee and lost sheep, but with the recent fiasco over HOTW entries, and likely huge demand for LS it being the NC as well, i had Humbert in the back of my mind as the backup race. back to the drawing board it would seem, may give shadowman a look

Really seems to be the club races getting a hammering this year to the benefit of commercial enterprise. No word on the Challenge Galway since?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKW wrote: »
    No word on the Challenge Galway since?

that's more your neck of the woods than mine, would be counting on you for the inside track there:)

that's more your neck of the woods than mine, would be counting on you for the inside track there:)

Ha ha! Between all the coming and going I forget where I'm at :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Big shame.

This was a great race indeed and I figured would be NS if not NC had they applied but with recent TI changes perhaps not.

Maybe it will be back in years ahead.

Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

ah crap. Loved this race too. It was on my calendar for 2014 too
    I won't be travelling to the OL either

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

This loss is a real shame , well support and organised race that ticks all the boxes but still loses out . I am sure Swinford will put on a cracking Olympic but its a big loss to racing in the west .

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Galway challenge not going ahead for 2014. Funding issues..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Galway challenge not going ahead for 2014. Funding issues..

Well, there's a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Well, there's a surprise.

LMAO :cool:

Advertisement