Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dslr second hand buying tips

Options
  • 09-12-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I am thinking I might buy a dslr camera second hand as I am starting out not sure how far the journey will take. Any buying tips, things I should look out for .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

So I went looking for a good checklist and found the following piece on things to check when you actually have a camera in your hands and can do a check.

http://petapixel.com/2010/10/08/checklist-for-buying-used-cameras-and-lenses-on-craigslist/
    I would also add that I check the grip on the body for signs of wear and peeling, peeling rubber can happen through wear but can also be a sign of water damage.

In a broader what do you do now sense watch the photography section of Adverts and donedeal to get an idea of the prices and double check them vs the price of new/new grey market gear. See what you can get for your money and when in doubt ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

raher1, check your pm.

able

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭emo72

im looking for a canon zoom lens for my brothers rebel 3 dslr. any advice. and sorry for the hijack:)

Advertisement