Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can the book be beaten ...long term?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not in either del
    stick me in
    tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

del roy wrote: »
    Ok lads we will leave it at that, I will pm everyone friday evening if there is a bet.

Jaze Del, you are going to be taking on a lot of extra unpaid work I'd say.

There was already one post today asking when is the next tip. I don't know if that was meant to be a :rolleyes::rolleyes: post or what but if you have 100 posters waiting on your every move and a lot of them are newbies you will have your work cut out.

Also, while its up to you, you have said a good few times already that the list is closed but people are ignoring you and just adding their names. How many more would you expect tonight notwithstanding your post above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Jaze Del, you are going to be taking on a lot of extra unpaid work I'd say.

There was already one post today asking when is the next tip. I don't know if that was meant to be a :rolleyes::rolleyes: post or what but if you have 100 posters waiting on your every move and a lot of them are newbies you will have your work cut out.

Also, while its up to you, you have said a good few times already that the list is closed but people are ignoring you and just adding their names. How many more would you expect tonight notwithstanding your post above?

I know Imhof but some were on it earlier on and had been wiped off during the copy/paste job, anyway thats it lads no more I have just been told I will most likely have to post every name in to the pm system and I am a terrible typer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

You are mental del sending all those pms. Just carry on as you were. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kiers47 wrote: »
    Quite strange he didn't put up profile star today having backed him the last day. I'd be sure if he was going to be winning today would be the day,

just seen this now, today was the day alright
    was on it ew that day
    gutted I missed this

for the life of me I don't know why he did not put this up considering it was a max the last time and drifted like a barge but to be fair he must have really fancied Brocklebank today,

I think he gave Mister Dillion out as an e/w bet a few months ago and it won next time out at 10/1 so he does not always follow them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

A chap once told me many years ago that a major high street bookmaker employs over 100 1st class honours maths graduates as odds compilers & if I think I can beat their combined brains, then best of luck to me. However, your fella has convinced me he is doing that thus far. How's he's doing it, he's not going to reveal (I have an idea) which is fair enough but hat's off to him & I wish him the best of luck. I've dipped in & out since I stumbled upon the thread & am thoroughly enjoying it (isn't the racing forum great fun :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Tbh del id ditch the pm idea, get your selections up here as soon as you can, if fellas get on then grand, if they miss it then so be it you aint a babysitter, trust me you will have a pain in your arse with those pms

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭grateface

1 Pinesky 28 The Jman 55 l3m0n5 82 Incubu
    2 Mulbot 29 Bookman2 56 ratoath25 83 Bewerten
    3 thewholenewyear 30 sweeno69 57 bigwill 84 W.B. Yeats
    4 Mech1 31 Stooge 58 pinky 06 85 mike65
    5 Sdoc13 32 Taff 59 sonnky 86 nonoperational
    6 Guscon 33 Bangor Billy 60 jodaw 87 alfredjones
    7 darced 34 Toobz 61 Jamesbondings 88 Jobeenfitz
    8 BumperD 35 adevvabr 62 oldfella 89 Bilbonetta
    9 Gaa Alstar 36 Sword1 63 gotya 90 bigwil
    10 Maximo 37 Citizenpain 64 baz2009 91 Dfmnoc
    11 Local_Chap 38 freethearmy 65 tosspot 92 Davarus Walrus
    12 only1stevo 39 Colonialboy 66 Mgst 93 dicky dunne
    13 jousting with chairs 40 liamoreilly 67 shteve 93 tyres
    14 stretchaq 41 Exiled 68 Onthe3rdday 94 walshy_c
    15 Weetabix 42 Nialler78 69 Niknac 95 my stubbleitches
    16 shamdrog63 43 Typhoony 70. Mcbain11 96 Nuts102
    17 the whole year inn 44 goldenhoarde 71 snowgal 97 johnmcdnl
    18 boru05 45 NoelJ 72 redzerdrog 98 Nal
    19 stacksey 46 bgrove 73 Canyon86 99 eddiedude
    20 jkelly85 47 barrerler 74 Dormy 100 Realalemadrid
    21 noddia 48 ling-zing 75 daingenrob
    22 miss-bored 49 acknpo 76 Kerrydude1981
    23 Big Bucks 50 killed 77 mikeyod123
    24 tucker1971 51 mikehunts 78 awwalsh
    25 Deco99 52 schmittel 79 bluemachaveli
    26 kupus 53 Celt262 80 newbie11
    27 luckyeye 54 shamrock55 81 barryxc

Ok lads we will leave it at that, I will pm everyone friday evening if there is a bet.

Hi Del, Would you mind sticking me back on the list. My name seems to have been dropped.
    Have been doing well with these so far. Shame to miss out.

Cheers man.

Ok grateface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

Hi del Roy, gonna ask you (cheekily) to add me to the list as well, been following for the last few weeks since I found the thread and glad to say I'm up like most people here!

Would have posted sooner but was offline for a couple of days.

Many thanks,
    CD8ED

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Bigsliothar

Del any chance you could squeeze one more on the end of that list.only seen it last week didn't dip in yet.Most enjoyable:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Can I also be added please del roy?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

I wonder amongst all those usernames is there a scu*mbag from any of the bookmakers, I've noticed paddy power follow a few of the main twitter tipsters

ok

Del any chance you could squeeze one more on the end of that list.only seen it last week didn't dip in yet.Most enjoyable:cool:

ok

Stacksey wrote: »
    I wonder amongst all those usernames is there a scu*mbag from any of the bookmakers, I've noticed paddy power follow a few of the main twitter tipsters

Now now Stacksey they would n't do that, there is only a hundred of us, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭richardbradley

I have also disappeared form the list - was added on one of the middle pages! Thanks

• Advertisement

I have also disappeared form the list - was added on one of the middle pages! Thanks

ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

Pls add me to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1 actional

Mind if I join the list, too, del roy?

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

can i get added too?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

and me please

• Advertisement

hope this table turns out,

ok

Del, don't misinterpret this (I am not on the list myself) but does it not bother you at all that people are ignoring your attempts to close the PM list?

I would just like to see the thread continue for its original purpose, but can see how you might lose interest now if you have to deal with a huge group of followers. I get the feeling you will fielding plenty of questions like "does anyone know the result of the 230"? or "do powers pay 4 places in the 315"?

ok lads will think about this, heres a table

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Si1965

Was number 95 IIRC - not on list now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Del
    I foresee you closing your Boards account !!!

Theres a typo on my username when it went into the table# 35 Citizenpain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Get Real

I must say, while I have never posted on this thread, I have followed out of an interest and as a little boards hobby.

But now its just gone to this fascination over a list. Fair enough if ye really want to do it, thats ye're choice. But can it be done sooner rather than later, I want to know what will happen to this thread for myself and many others.

I think the list obsession has brought the whole thing into disrepute, will be more hassle than its worth, and just take away from the whole spirit of, and reason for, the thread in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I have enjoyed following the thread without backing the selections but del I think you're off your rocker to PM everyone. Typing over 100 names into sending a PM (3 actually max recipients for one is 50). I don't even recognize 90% of the names on the list

I don't think there was anything wrong with the thread in the first place. If not broken why fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

I agree with UrbanSea, I think Del is taking a lot of extra work on himself. But have to ask what does it matter if you recognize the names on the list or not. Personally I have less than 50 posts, but I'm on boards all the time.

LURKERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

While I backed a few of the horses myself, I think the integrity of the thread will be lost if it goes to pms. Enjoyed it while it lasted as I'm not that concerned with pms as I never check them anyway.

Even the last few pages of usernames I've never seen post has clogged the thread up.

Hope it's still as profitable as now in the next few months for you and all the followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Agree with all of above. Upon reflection, & seeing the # on the list, asking you to pm everyone is taking on too much del (it would be rather time consuming i'd imagine). I know you were thinking of those who follow & making sure they get a chance to get the best price (& I was first to throw my name down) but to be fair, your just taking on too much for what its worth imo. I do appreciate the thread & what you've done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

If I understand this correctly then the solution is very simple.

' The Kid ' can tell his mates first. It's then up to them to get on within a few hours.

He can text Del Roy a few hours after he's told his mates.

Ta Da !

tomaussie wrote: »
    If I understand this correctly then the solution is very simple.

' The Kid ' can tell his mates first. It's then up to them to get on within a few hours.

He can text Del Roy a few hours after he's told his mates.

Ta Da !

If the price were to collapse though before del posts the selection, what price does he base his win return on?

If he goes by the original price, there will be accusations.

I think the issue is that somewhere along the line the thread changed from an experiment and is now treated like a golden goose. Del is obviously trying to help out the golden goose bandwagon jumpers , but why? He is getting to be like a cult leader at this stage.

Get Real wrote: »
    I must say, while I have never posted on this thread, I have followed out of an interest and as a little boards hobby.

But now its just gone to this fascination over a list. Fair enough if ye really want to do it, thats ye're choice. But can it be done sooner rather than later, I want to know what will happen to this thread for myself and many others.

I think the list obsession has brought the whole thing into disrepute, will be more hassle than its worth, and just take away from the whole spirit of, and reason for, the thread in the first place.

Right lads, first things first, I have no problem putting up the horses he gives me up here and as he said himself
    "once he gets on he does not care who backs them after that"
    secondly, I thought when I asked about pm ing a few, there would be about 10 or 20 who would be interested however I am very slow at typing and it took me about 90 minutes :mad: to do that table plus another 20 minutes on the phone for someone to explain how I post an attachment.

so the list is too big and we will run the way it was, ie
    first up best dressed.

sorry for the fanning about just thought it may run better.

All bets will be up here before 11.00am each morning if there is nothing up at 11.00 there will be no bet.
    Save people logging in all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

Right lads, first things first, I have no problem putting up the horses he gives me up here and as he said himself
    "once he gets on he does not care who backs them after that"
    secondly, I thought when I asked about pm ing a few, there would be about 10 or 20 who would be interested however I am very slow at typing and it took me about 90 minutes :mad: to do that table plus another 20 minutes on the phone for someone to explain how I post an attachment.

so the list is too big and we will run the way it was, ie
    first up best dressed.

sorry for the fanning about just thought it may run better.

All bets will be up here before 11.00am each morning if there is nothing up at 11.00 there will be no bet.
    Save people logging in all the time.
    ...glad to hear this...I've backed most of them, but to be honest it's the bit of crack from the thread that I enjoy most...

4.05 Brocklebank 3pts win 4/1 2nd :(

Bank +221.5pts
    Starting bank 100pts
    Profit +121.5pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Del the way you have decided to do it now is best all round i think, ill be checking every morning for selections anyway,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Can we just get back to a few winners now :) every time i see a new post i get my hopes up that it is gonna be our next winner :)

Gotya wrote: »
    Can we just get back to a few winners now :) every time i see a new post i get my hopes up that it is gonna be our next winner :)
    ;) ok

Today at 7:32 PM

Wow what a response on here for the horse selections. I certainly enjoy a challenge but this thread is a enigma. When I first agreed to do this with Del I assumed this thread would be hid away with maybe Del and a few people from work logging on. To have so many people backing them is very beneficial for me as I definitely put more effort in this year.
    However I will continue to do exactly what I have done over the last four years and if that ends with a profit for everyone on this thread that will be tremendous. I have spoken to Del and he has agreed to put the horses up on this site until the 31st August 2014.

Now before people on this site who have been posting winners here since BC get flustered and start shouting who cares
    how long you stay here. I will have to take that on the chin and move on as I have no wish to upset members on here.

Any questions, fire away if I can answer any of them I will.

Newbury 3.10 Dundee 2pts e/w 12/1

Some may remember we backed this last time out, in a race where the stable was doubly represented. The way the race panned out left me feeling that Dundee may just be a decent horse.
    Dundee travelled well in the race and made what looked to me a move that would involve him in the finish only to disappoint me by getting tired in the last furlong. He finished a decent enough 14L 4th while the jockey was not overly hard on him. The race was eventually won by Dundee’s stable mate Seventh Sign 22/1 where the booking of a certain N. Fehily should have been examined much more closely.
    On to the aftermath of the race itself. Only four of the field have run since.
    Seventh Sign 22/1 ……. Winner was upped to a class 2 race at Kempton 2m5f which for a horse who won 3 races over 12f/14f/14f at 3yrs old was never going to play to his stamina. He finished a very credible 6th btn only 10L in a field of 20 runners.

Kayserburg 7/1 ……. 3rd btn 8L won a class 3 race next time out at 10/3fav so was clearly expected to run well. This horse also won his previous race before finishing 3rd to Seventh Sign.

Mr Utah 33/1………….8th btn 59L was dropped to a class 4 race next time out, he finished with a late rattle to finish 3rd btn 2L. sp 12/1

Canuspotit 18/1……..last btn 95L again dropped to a class 4 race where he finished 4th btn 5L. Sp 12/1

the kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dundee 13.00 into 10s - money back if second or third on PP

Mikey is that just dundee or is it all the runners ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any horse - even the worst!

ta mikey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Today at 7:32 PM

Wow what a response on here for the horse selections. I certainly enjoy a challenge but this thread is a enigma. When I first agreed to do this with Del I assumed this thread would be hid away with maybe Del and a few people from work logging on. To have so many people backing them is very beneficial for me as I definitely put more effort in this year.
    However I will continue to do exactly what I have done over the last four years and if that ends with a profit for everyone on this thread that will be tremendous. I have spoken to Del and he has agreed to put the horses up on this site until the 31st August 2014.

Now before people on this site who have been posting winners here since BC get flustered and start shouting who cares
    how long you stay here. I will have to take that on the chin and move on as I have no wish to upset members on here.

Any questions, fire away if I can answer any of them I will.

Newbury 3.10 Dundee 2pts e/w 12/1

Some may remember we backed this last time out, in a race where the stable was doubly represented. The way the race panned out left me feeling that Dundee may just be a decent horse.
    Dundee travelled well in the race and made what looked to me a move that would involve him in the finish only to disappoint me by getting tired in the last furlong. He finished a decent enough 14L 4th while the jockey was not overly hard on him. The race was eventually won by Dundee’s stable mate Seventh Sign 22/1 where the booking of a certain N. Fehily should have been examined much more closely.
    On to the aftermath of the race itself. Only four of the field have run since.
    Seventh Sign 22/1 ……. Winner was upped to a class 2 race at Kempton 2m5f which for a horse who won 3 races over 12f/14f/14f at 3yrs old was never going to play to his stamina. He finished a very credible 6th btn only 10L in a field of 20 runners.

Kayserburg 7/1 ……. 3rd btn 8L won a class 3 race next time out at 10/3fav so was clearly expected to run well. This horse also won his previous race before finishing 3rd to Seventh Sign.

Mr Utah 33/1………….8th btn 59L was dropped to a class 4 race next time out, he finished with a late rattle to finish 3rd btn 2L. sp 12/1

Canuspotit 18/1……..last btn 95L again dropped to a class 4 race where he finished 4th btn 5L. Sp 12/1

the kid

Can we knock this nonsense on the head before the gullible ones round here end up in the poorhouse.
    Re your horse 'dundee' I just plucked a horse out of my ar$e, 'solstice son' and I bet he will finish ahead of dundee in that race !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Can we knock this nonsense on the head before the gullible ones round here end up in the poorhouse.
    Re your horse 'dundee' I just plucked a horse out of my ar$e, 'solstice son' and I bet he will finish ahead of dundee in that race !

I bet that he won't finished in front of him!!!

Advertisement